So, who's getting Destiny for PlayStation?

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 05:27 (4069 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

The next generation is upon us, with the PS4 and "720" expected to be out this fall. I plan on getting Destiny the day it comes out and I'm getting it for next-gen, but the question remains "Which system will I play it on?" While I've enjoyed playing the Halo and Gears of War series, Microsoft is going to have to do more than that to get me to be an early adopter of their next system (especially considering I'm not really caring for the direction 343I is taking Halo), and unless they really impress with a good selection of exclusives at E3, I'm seriously considering getting a PS4 first and waiting to get the next-gen Xbox until Halo 5 comes out (and by then the system will be at a year or two old and will likely have gotten its first price cut). While I'm not 100% set on getting a PS4 first, given Sony's better selection of exclusives, I feel they'll be a better long-term investment. If I do get a PS4 first, that'll be the system I'll be getting Destiny for. While many people on my XBL friends list might be getting it for the 720, I'm not going to be an early adopter of that system just to play that one game on it and keep paying $60 a year for XBL on top of that. Ultimately, it's going to come down to what Microsoft shows off for us in the coming months.

So, is anyone else considering getting a PS4 and getting Destiny for it?

This is 100% EXACTLY how I feel. I cannot tell you how strange that is. Maybe you and I will play it together on our PS4s!!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread