So, who's getting Destiny for PlayStation?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 11:55 (4048 days ago) @ kidtsunami

In the end I'll probably lean towards whichever one has a better online network and more comfortable controller.

On that note, from the pictures I've seen of the PS4 controller it looks like they made an effort to contour the hand-grips more, like the 360 controller. So I'm hopeful that it will finally be decent to hold.

It's hard to compare on that basis yet, though, since we don't know what the next XBox's will be like. It wouldn't be at all foolish of them to keep it essentially the same shape, with possibly some new input mechanism (touchpad, etc.) tacked on. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they went ahead and integrated the chat pad. But who knows, maybe it'll be something completely new and unique?

I like the concepts they're showing for the PS4. I like it more than the PS3 and most importantly, I get the feeling they've tried to address the shortcomings that system had. I probably will get one at some point. Probably shortly after it gets its first God of War game.

But on the other hand, all of my gaming friends are on XBox Live, I've liked the selection of games available for the 360, and $60 a year isn't enough that I really notice it. So I don't think the PS4 is really tempting me to a degree that I'm likely to get it first and have to start up a whole new friends' list. This could change if the next XBox has something about it that really puts me off - the used games issue is a possible factor here, for instance.

Actually, has it been CONFIRMED that the PS4 allows used games? I hear people talking about it as though it were a fact, but all I'm certain of is that Sony didn't mention it at the reveal event. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread