Destiny Bias (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 16:26 (3519 days ago) @ Korny

I come back to find I K/D discussion. No complaints - just expressing my surprise.

...Also it seems the key phrase "I don't play the crucible" of my post has been missed

I too had a moment of pause when I got this challenge, but it literally took three games to get it done. Now I really like the Crucible, but rarely ever visit it unless I have bounties, so I'm not ultra competitive, and I was able to easily snag it. The spread also counts assists towards your kills ( a large number of crucible bounties do), so you'd be surprised at how quickly you'd get it.

I too found it odd that there was a Crucible requirement for exotics (and that they require you to do well), but if you insist on avoiding the crucible at all simply "because yes", then I really don't know what to say other than swallow your pride, or abandon the bounty... Then again, PS4 will have the "Pass the Controller" option soon, so a friend could simply take over for you and do those challenges... Assuming you have that version of Destiny. ;)

It's not the challenge that gave me pause, which seems to be the overall conclusion. Its not that at all.

I was hoping I could swear off all things multiplayer with Destiny, because - I have found more and more that for myself, I don't find multiplayer to be all that fun. I don't care if I can kick your ass or if you can kick mine. It's meaningless too me. All I care about - and where the fun for me lies, is whether or not I can kick my ass. I challenge my self. Furthermore - So many people take multiplayer so seriously, when I in turn am very casual as I play. It's not an atmosphere I want to play in. I don't feel like being yelled at because for a match I went -1 KD in a CTF match. It's Stupid. To quote Jason Jones from one of the vidocs, Destiny is based off of "What do you want to do today". I don't want to play the Crucible, and yet in small and subtle ways Destiny is biased towards the Crucible. Most of the Gear you can get in the Tower requires Crucible marks. Some of the Materials you need to upgrade are also tailored toward those who play the Crucible. At first I didn't mind this, its just another challenge, yet the more nice gear I get the more it seems like you are required to be playing a certain way.

Try to walk away and they just pull ya back in. I guess this is why I felt a need to post this, I don't know what to do. Is it me or Bungie? I guess this little observation is why I felt a need to post this - this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Ugh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread