Thoughts on the Destiny Soundtrack (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 26, 2014, 19:54 (3505 days ago)
edited by Grizzlei, Friday, September 26, 2014, 20:24

It's here if you want to check it out. $10 bucks for a 44-track soundtrack is pretty nice. :)

I'm about half-way through the OST and so far, Guardians Lost is my favorite track. Reminds me a lot of Marty's work on Halo: Combat Evolved and ODST with the more eerie tracks evoking a sense of wonder and mysterious in the nighttime settings. The Collective seems inspired a lot by some Halo 2 and Halo 3 tracks for Flood and Forerunner spaces. Not bad at all! Loving the drums on Siege Dancers. It's pretty easy to realize what that track is trying to imitate to a certain degree.

Most of it, however, doesn't seem like anything special. It's all the sort of typical stuff you'd find in really any video game soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting to listen to in the heat of battle and fulfills its purpose to set the mood. However, only a few tracks stand out as truly great standalone pieces that only need itself, and not gameplay, to warrant casual listening.

What do you think?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread