Thoughts on the Destiny Soundtrack (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, September 29, 2014, 07:14 (3503 days ago) @ Kermit

Any idea how much of it Marty worked on? I suppose there might not be liner notes for a digital album...

Thats what I want to know too, from the looks of it he was credited last when usually with the Halo soundtracks he was credited first. either Bungie is still ticked off over that whole ordeal or Marty didn't do much for this soundtrack.

Or neither. Didn't Pete Parsons say that the music was basically complete around the time that Marty left? I suspect this is merely a reflection of the pecking order now. Salvatori is their lead composer, and C. Paul Johnson has seniority, duh. Paul McCartney has the traditional placement of a special guest star. And yes, there may be (and probably is) some ill will between Marty and some person or persons at Bungie, but the ordering of the credits could just be a reflection of an awkward situation.

BTW, I'm enjoying the superior AAC files from iTunes. ;) Still want the CD and/or vinyl, though.

shouldn't matter that Marty left. ethically, if he was the lead when it was written, he should get 1st credit. From a creative standpoint, this is a big deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread