Squad/gear suggestions, chests in the VoG, etc (Destiny)

by kornman00, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 00:53 (3515 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This post should be free of any direct VoG spoilers. There's no talk of specific scenarios at least.

As far as squad organization goes, I suggest we keep two actual fire teams (ie, two teams of three) that have features (subclasses/gear/etc) that complement each other (if at all possible). From there, I would also advise designating one of those three as a "floater". Someone who can break off from the fire team temporarily, without impacting their performance in engaging targets (could be the one with the highest light, most agile, etc).

As far as a squad leader goes, I'm not sure one needs/should be designated for such an adventure, unless a tactical dispute needs to be resolved in the team. We appear to have at least two VoG veterans, so the other 4 should probably voice their ideas first when entering/retrying scenarios, with the vets keeping their mouths closed unless asked.

In the real world, a squad leader is typically someone with actual experience in the squad's command and function (be it infantry related or otherwise). So if someone is experienced in raiding in other games, maybe they should be the 'leader'? IDK, I've never played games like WoW or whatnot.

Gear: I don't recommend you go in with a weapon that is below Legendary. If you do bring in a Rare weapon, at least make sure it's fully upgraded. If it's your primary, be sure your gear buffs it in some way (gloves improve reload time, boots carry extra ammmo, etc).

Chests: there are chests in the VoG. To avoid rustling anyone's jimmies I won't go into any detail about them unless people ask about them come Saturday. But I know of (all, I believe) their locations.

Other: don't bother using any glimmer bonus consumables. From what I recall, glimmer/XP income is turned off throughout the entire Raid (ie, you won't earn money or level up your gear while inside).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread