They still aren't interesting though. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 06, 2014, 15:16 (3512 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Most of the bosses are slow moving stage hazards, the only interesting ones are during the raid where they have gimmicks and strategy.

I'd love to see more interesting bosses, but I still enjoy the Strikes. Hopefully Bungie will use these first ones, and the good things people are saying about the Raid, to build more dynamic Strikes in the future. It'll be interesting to see if Strikes evolve from thirty minute missions to something longer with more segments as Destiny moves forward.

Just in general this games AI is lacking compared to Halo.

Totally disagree. The one real leg up Halo has over Destiny is enemy communication. Halo 1 hit it so far out of the park with the one, two of the Grunt's broken english and Elite's reversed dialogue that Bungie will never, ever be able to top it. But beyond that, Destiny's enemies do all the things Halo's did with many having alternate attack and defensive moves where most Halo enemies did not. Sure, there are a few unique things between the games. Destiny doesn't have anything quite like Suicide Grunts or Flood taking over units, while Halo's enemies can't lean out from cover or teleport right up in your face, but on the whole they are very similar.

I'd wager if we somehow reduced both games to stick figures and unmodeled spaces you'd be very hard pressed to tell the difference. It would come down to recognizing weapons and firing patterns and not how the AI actually fights or moves.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread