I’ve got a gambling problem! (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:01 (3472 days ago) @ Warbow

Yes, that’s right a gambling problem. Instead of losing money, I’m losing time. I stayed up until 4am on both Friday and Saturday night playing Destiny. What did I get for it? Nothing.

This is a very enticing game Bungie, kudos. The promise that the next engram dropped could be a Legendary. The lure that the blue engram I’m carrying around could contain a legendary item. Complete this strike and you could get something great.

The sad part is that not one of those things ever happen. No, what happens is I grind away saving Vanguard marks and buying armor to increase my level. In the hopes that maybe by increasing my level the drops and rewards will get better. Do they? I have no idea, from my stand point they never do.

You'd have been better of just spending the marks on vanguard weapons, or collecting strange coins to buy exotic weapons and motes to get exotic armor from Xur. I've had two blue engrams turn into legendary weapons, but I realize that doesn't happen to everyone. Remember to pick up bounties and turn in engrams and you should end up getting some purple engrams either as part of vanguard or cryptarch upgrade packages-- as well as getting a chance for an exotic weapon bounty (I've done three so far and have one more in progress across two characters).

Sorry to hear you're not having fun.

Legendary engrams aren't supposed to be common-- they're supposed to be less common than "rare". I don't think it is supposed to be the primary channel for the acquisition of legendary or better weapons. I've bought most of mine.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread