Removing necessity - shared inventory (Destiny)

by scarab @, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 11:18 (3454 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If we are talking inventory - tangible items - then they don't need to be per character. The player did the work to pick them up.

I could see this messing up story progression if a level 2 had access to legendary gear and all the upgrade materials.

But Gear and Weapons are already level restricted so does it matter if a level 2 can see spirit bloom in the shared inventory?

And it's all you so your level 2 self is unlikely to delete the relic iron that your level 28 needs, out of spite or whatever.

I can gift this stuff to my younger characters, my younger selves. So if I can do it then I might as well be able to do it easily.

This would make more room in the vault as it wouldn't need to hold the stuff you want to transfer. Because you would no longer need to transfer it. It would just be there, always available.

I'm not sure how that would work with weapons as you might use different sets of weapons to reflect your class choices. Does anyone do this? My Hunter has Last Word because the transition between Golden Gun and Last Word is more natural than between GG and any other weapon but that is the only case where I think in terms of class specific weapon sets.

Do you guys have specific weapons per character? I bet it happens.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread