Mythic Sci-Fi: does it work for you? RNA (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 16:02 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd love to see some communication between us and our enemies. We know Fallen are intelligent and willing to work with us if absolutely necessary as shown in Cayde-6's battle against a hive onslaught along side a female Fallen Captain. But we also know that they raided smaller towns like Palamon where Shin Malphur, the last known owner of The Last Word, lived as a child. His parents were killed by Fallen. We also know that Fallen mounted larger scale attacks. One of the Tower reps mentions being there when the Fallen burned London. And we also know that it was the combined forces of the Fallen houses that crushed The City's outward expansion and killed a lot of Guardians in the battle of Twilight Gap.

I like how you say that as if it were an actual part of the game's story and common knowledge.

A lot of it is in game. Details of the loss at Twilight Gap are spread throughout various item descriptions. Shin Malphur vs Dredgen Yor (the currupt owner of Thorn) is the quote just below The Last Word's item title. The Fallen burning London is, as mentioned, something one of the tower reps says in game. Only Cayde-6's story and parts of Shin Malphur's are truly outside the game.

And you shouldn't discount something just because it isn't directly part of the game's gameplay story. ilovebees, the Halsey Journal, Conversations from the Universe, the original story of the Didact and The Librarian, The Fall of Reach, and Contact Harvest were the best parts of Halo's story and they were all either entirely out of game or not very well known.

Yes, Destiny needs more in game story telling. A lot more. But until we get that I'm going to appreciate what we do have. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread