Did we miss the big picture? (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 07:46 (3454 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Your math looks about right to me, although it doesn't take in to account XP earned from completing missions, plus you can potentially double your daily bounties with the crucible. I'm pretty sure I maxed out my Mythoclast in 3 days.

Another thing I might point out, and a lot of the really hardcore players here are not noting, is that most of us did not max out our exotics in 3 days. It took me a couple weeks to max my pocket infinity. I just maxed my Xur purchased Icebreaker. If you can't play 3 hours a night, every night, you aren't maxing an exotic in 3 days.

I understand that we won't need the materials now, and I get that there will be a decrease in XP. But after the time it took to max those exotics that I have maxed, it would be nice to think that Bungie would at least recognize that effort in some way. It took more effort on their part to knock these exotics back down: they already switched up the mythoclast's attack rating with no penalty to the owner.

This is an effort to pad content, pure and simple. This is forcing a player to re-grind, to pad play time. If their purpose was to have exotics remain playable, they would have just extended the mythoclast's changes to all exotics. That's not what they did do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread