So Is That SERIOUSLY It? *NSFW* (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 12:02 (3398 days ago)

I've had about 5 controllers for my Xbox 360--nearly all of them were obtained by a separate means. At some point, like all controllers I guess, they started to falter. While they can't perform to my strict hair-trigger reflexes that I usually require to excel, they all still work for the most part(save for one unlucky bastard). So I visited one of those off-brand "miracle cure" electronic repair shops, and to my chagrin, they said they didn't do controllers. So I went to GameStop and asked for advice. The guy had the nerve to tell me just screw 'em and buy new ones!

Is this really what we've come to in the gaming world? Something doesn't work and we just say "Fuck off, I'll just replace it"? There are incredible memories tied to those controllers. Hundreds of incredible moments...

The day I tapped with all my might and WON.

The day I cried so hard--not because I lost, but because I finally felt hope.

The day I learned what love felt like.

The day I laughed so hard I actually started to choke and threw up(NSF ANYWHERE--all you sick bastards who wanted tits, you've finally got your wish.).

The part--I mean day, when I unlocked what I still consider is the greatest achievement ever made.

etc.

I've put my roots into these controllers, and not to mention that a few of them are special/limited editions that they don't even make anymore. And I'm expected to just throw them away if they're not 100%? AT SIXTY DOLLARS EACH!?!

No.

I'm not amenable to that. So is it possible to find a fairly priced controller repair shop? Sending them away would be out of the question--that's the fastest way to lose them forever. Is it possible for me to do it myself? How can I keep these controllers lasting a little bit longer?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread