So Is That SERIOUSLY It? *NSFW* (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:10 (3397 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't really know about online repair shops, never looked for one. A local shop might be willing to look at it, but the problem is by the time you pay for any labor at all you'll likely have been better off buying a controller (and that's if they can even order spare parts, which is doubtful). Come to think of it, something you find online will probably be the same story, for that reason plus shipping costs.

That might be why you've had trouble finding repairers, actually - paid repairs just aren't worth it for items under a certain retail price.

I think you're best off going the route that Vagueness mentioned. Take one apart and see what's in there. Especially with that controller that has the stuck button. I had one like that once, and the act of simply taking it apart and re-assembling aligned it properly. And once you have one of them apart, you can start to make note of which components are separate from the main board - anything you can disconnect from that can be swapped between controllers easily, so you might be able to replace some things. Probably best to move good components out of the standard controllers and into the special edition ones, if possible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread