Deadhold, the reincarnation of Myth (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 16:36 (3322 days ago)
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 17:17

I've been playing and talking with the guys who have been play testing and developing Deadhold for a little while now, and it's gotten to the point where they wanted to expand the player base. Naturally, this was the first place I went to. But before I mention anything else, here is a message straight from one of the Deadhold developers!

Calling all Old School Mythers ... we've been working on a myth-like game called Deadhold

It's early days yet, but we've finally entered a phase where we have something for people to jump in and playtest. If you'd like to join us, request a Steam key from "fisj" (fisj@deadhold.com). More info will be sent along with your steam key. PC only (for now), and you'll need a decent gfx card!

On their website it shows you how to install Deadhold through steam. Also, there is a reason why fisj mentioned the need for a decent gfx card, it's because Deadhold is based on the Unreal 4 engine and because of that the game is freaking beautiful. Just note that it is in Alpha stage right now, but even so it's pretty solid imho.

If you want to see more videos, you can always search YouTube for "Deadhold" and "Alpha" and you will get a ton of play test games (I would filter by most recent). However if you want to play with others, they hold play testing on Saturdays 8PM EST!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread