Deadhold, the reincarnation of Myth (Gaming)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, March 26, 2015, 17:13 (3321 days ago) @ Vortech

I feel safe assuming I'm the most consistent Mac advocate on a board with someone named Dogcow and someone named macaddict and I still say this: if you want to build a gaming PC build a Windows one. In addition to the unsupported problems Cody talks about below (and really why have a Mac if you don't care about reliability, consistency or support?) you will be limited in options and upgradibility and game selection. It's like the worst of both worlds.

Last time I built a PC I made sure it could be hackintoshed. I had planned on using the integrated graphics when hackintoshing, and using the discrete ATI/AMD GPU when in windows & gaming. It turned out to be more trouble than it was worth and just booted into windows most of the time. If it wasn't for that 'genius' idea to go with the better ATI/AMD instead of the more compatible nVidia then I may have stuck with it, but I can't say for sure... The lure of having a good gaming pc that will also run OSX is hard to pass on, but... I'm not convinced it's worth it. It certainly couldn't hurt to build a PC with hackintoshing in mind, it'll probably cost you a little more, and worse case scenario you'll just end up with a nice windows pc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread