Deadhold, the reincarnation of Myth (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 22:55 (3319 days ago) @ Vortech

I feel safe assuming I'm the most consistent Mac advocate on a board with someone named Dogcow and someone named macaddict and I still say this: if you want to build a gaming PC build a Windows one. In addition to the unsupported problems Cody talks about below (and really why have a Mac if you don't care about reliability, consistency or support?) you will be limited in options and upgradibility and game selection. It's like the worst of both worlds.

As for cody's point , though, I can't imagine why you would want to use a Xeon in your gaming rig in the first place. Thermal longevity, I guess? But one of the few things I liked about maintaining a gaming PC Was the fact (illusion) that I could upgrade parts frequently.

I have never owned a PC and never plan to.

[image]

Truth be told, I have thought about building a gaming rig before, but honestly, I don't have time to play the games I want to play on the consoles I have.

My interest in PC/Mac gaming is limited and very targeted. There are a few things I'd like to play, like Deadhold and Goin Home, but that's it.

Macs have given me a lot. I use PCs at work, and there are things I like about them, but the idea of owning one doesn't appeal to me.

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread