Travel

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 03, 2013, 12:56 (4012 days ago) @ Malagate

If such a thing as Scrolls-esque fast travel were to be implemented somewhere in Destiny, maybe a middle ground could be met? Something like, you CAN fast travel around for speed's sake, but you'd be missing out on *important* events that *can only* come up if you're out "in the field."

To be honest though, I have a feeling Destiny won't work like that. :)

What makes you say that? That's pretty much exactly what I'm expecting, until we hear otherwise.

~M

Well, Elder Scrolls games are set up as one big world map that you fast travel around. I get the impression that Destiny is going to be more like Phantasy Star Universe's handling of hubs and mission areas, then the big open world thing.

In PSU you would go to multiple hub cities on different planets. Then you could travel to different areas of the hub to access different mission areas. Also, a great deal of mission areas were only accessible from *other* mission areas. There was fast travel between hub worlds, but not between mission areas, if that makes sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread