Travel

by Mercury, Chicago, IL, Thursday, April 04, 2013, 08:22 (4037 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Fast travel has its purposes, I'd hate for long travel times to be a barrier between friends wanting a quick play session.

This, This, This.
There has to be a middle ground. I hate clicking on a map and watching a loading screen and poof, but I don't have the time I had a few years ago, when I could walk across Oblivion on foot, stopping at every dungeon on the way.

I like it when the fast travel option has a penalty - you can get there quick when needed, but it might cost you extra credits (or something like that).

I think what I really want is a really fast slow-travel. I'd like to see the scale, have a lot of control over my ship, and yet do it in under a minute or so, so I can get to where I want to go feeling like I got me there. I would kill to see something like gates, with tolls, that I'd actually fly into (Cowboy Bebop anyone?), watch the solar system screaming past, and then navigate the small distance to the planet from there still having it take a very short time. Then, maybe there'd be the option to skip the gate, and the toll, and hit an asteroid or two.

I can dream, can't I?

Also, do we think we can even meet up at a location, or will we always start together at a hub?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread