That was the best thing... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 18, 2015, 04:26 (3317 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Of course, some people who want all rewards handed to them on a silver platter might only focus on the treasure keys and the ease of obtaining them, but I just saw it as a fun time. Heck, the farming cost me a bunch of Raid weapons and exotics that I had in the postmaster, but I'd say it was definitely worth it just on fun alone.

DLC ain't even out and it's given me money's worth.

That's interesting, because I've already had enough, and I haven't even done day 6. You're not doing anything new… you're just killing the same old dudes in the same old areas. The kill bounties aren't even really that challenging. Once the newness wears off, it's just… more of the same. It's just defeat the extraction crews with a chest at the end.

implying that you can only have fun if something is completely new.

It isn't what you're doing, it's how you do it, and with who.

I did it with Randoms, and had a blast.
I did it with a fireteam, and had a blast.
I did it with a raid team, and had a blast.
I did it with a friend's group that I've never met, and had a blast.

I did it During a public event,
I did it while enemies moved against each other.
I did it solo.
I did it with five other Randoms.
I did it with a heavy pike.
I did it as a Warlock with Hawkmoon.
I did it as a Titan with 4th Horseman.

All those times gave me a different experience, even though we were ostensibly doing the same thing each time.

And that's without the chest drops, which were only secondary in terms of what I was getting out of it. Once, while on the moon, we looked and looked for the chest, only to find it in the last 15 seconds far above us on the Accelerator, with no time to get to it. We laughed at the ridiculousness of the placement and watched it disappear, before rushing off to fight the next bounty.

If you only focus on the carrot, you're going to miss everything else around you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread