That was the best thing... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 18, 2015, 05:55 (3317 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you only focus on the carrot, you're going to miss everything else around you.

Where did I talk about the rewards at all? The actual bounties are not that much fun. Yes, it's better with people, but you are again, doing the same shit you always do. It's easy and boring. IF you can do it 8 times that's fine, but I'd like some variety and challenge, something this expansion is going to need given no raid, which would provide that in spades.

If you had a blast, then I wish I was as easily amused.

Says the guy that likes running raids over and over. And the thing is that raids are even worse with the repetition, since each one has an ideal strategy that pretty much everyone sticks to every time, with the same ideal weapons and same ideal gear.

THAT'S boring. The thing about these bounties is that you have a ton of freedom with regards to how you approach them, and the situation has a chance to change, which (as Revenant pointed out in his thread) can present you with a situation that you haven't encountered yet.

Do one of these events using only the 4th Horseman and a Saint-14 Titan, and your experience will differ from one playing as a Warlock using the Scorch Cannon and Radiance, even though you're running the same event.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread