Mailsack April 26, 2013

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, April 26, 2013, 18:19 (4011 days ago) @ Xenos

A good number of interesting bits today:

Destiny to be more fun when you’re playing with your friends. It’s incredibly important to us that seasoned Vanguards will find plenty of fun and rewarding things to do with other players who might not be able to commit the same amount of time to Destiny, or who may be just starting out on their adventures.

Bolding mine. Why is Vanguards capitalized? Subclass? High level player rank? Accidental push of the shift key?

Anything is possible, but when those Cabal Centurions charge at you through the sands of Mars, the crimson dunes trembling under their deafening footfalls, we doubt the emotion that you’ll be feeling will be sympathy.

Or perhaps you were referring to the Awoken, and in that case we definitely think you’ll share some common ground with them.

We get a Cabal enemy type who apparently have feet. But we also learn that the Awoken are in fact aliens. I don't know about yous guys, but I don't recall any information pegging the Awoken as not human. I was sorta operating under the impression they were humans supercharged by the Traveler or something.

One would think that the last Human city on an Earth ravaged by an ancient war would be distrustful of Aliens… But Awoken can serve as protectors of said city. Fascinating.

Only if you change your name to Osiris. Or, Uncredited Robot #7.

Character name. Not much information, but I'll take what we can get.

It’s great when walls don’t have collision detection, and a stray projectile nails you from another area.
Thomas Wiley, Auto BVT Tester

This interests me. How big is Destiny? How far away was he hit from? Or was he just in a small maze like area and this isn't proof of some awesome largeness?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread