Mailsack April 26, 2013

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 03:56 (4012 days ago) @ GrandmasterNinja

I found myself in a room that I was obviously not meant to be in, full of enemies more powerful than I’d ever seen. They killed me over and over until I had to disconnect to escape from their terrifying clutches

I'd add this as another interesting bit as its a good indication that respawning will probably be pretty traditional, which obviously has a big impact on gameplay.

If you read what DeeJ said earlier, he states that all but the suicide at the end (lol) were from bugs/glitches

I think though that the fact he was in that room and the high levels of the enemies were the glitch/bug rather than the respawning in general. Possibly respwaning in the same room again and again was the glitch but It still seems that respawning like you would get in halo or borderlands etc. on co-op will be how death works.

I just wonder if it is confirmed to be like that eventually if there will be a story explanation for respawning, i.e. it the travellers powers/magic bringing you back or if it will just bea pure gameplay thing that is otherwise ignored in the story.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread