Destiny Podcast Version 0

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 03, 2013, 09:48 (4010 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 03, 2013, 09:51

The fact that I have to battle to get this emotionally satisfying thought out while I'm surrounded by two game nerds as they try to inject 'oh, but how would that work if I'm in Hong Kong and my BFF is in London?? DERP!?" and is any surprise now that my crotch looks like a bird's nest with two eggs and a worm looking to leave?

Do you think Bungie is the first developer to think of this? Why hasn't this already been done? You gotta think about implementation. You can wish for things all you want, but unless they can actually be fun there's no sense.

It's like the Portal Gun in Half Life. So many people want it, and you think it's cool. But it's not. Believe me, I know. It breaks the game. Place a portal way up on a building, and now you can one shot kill enemies by placing the other portal under them. It just breaks the game by being totally dominating and easy. Movement through levels is essentially unrestricted, so level design becomes difficult, if not outright impossible for an action game.

Hell, you could even argue the portal gun broke Portal 2!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread