Destiny Podcast Version 0

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 22:09 (3999 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

You got to see the coolness of the engine handling inside/outside environments seamlessly, of how the warthog handled driving across hilly terrain, and how the energy sword is badass, etc. The Destiny reveal, even when adding the Sony circus show, has yet to show *anything* even close to the same.

I agree

It amazes me the level of fanatacism over interviews and basically concept art. CONCEPT ART!?

What's wrong with concept art?

And then to have FAN BASED CONCEPT ART BASED ON CONCEPT ART!?

I really don't get what your issue is.

I'm the opposite re: what has been revealed and it being 'acceptable' and it does not compute in my mind the level of acceptance from the diehards.

I think you've just found one of the things where you're more stringent. This sounds like what I felt about some of their decisions. None of them are coming to mind at the moment but I remember it happening.

On Feb 17, I was looking for something more concrete than Jason Jones looking out of his element and talking awkwardly into a camera. The man's a game dev god, they should show him some fucking respect...

What do you mean?

but this all dovetails into my theory that Bungie is trying to wear a suit to this new party of the big players when they'd rather come in ripped jeans, a plaid shirt, and a bandana head wrap. Fuck, they'd probably just skip the party in the first place - they're too cool for that shit.

So why do you think they're doing this?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread