Fallout Mods (Gaming)

by yakaman, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 15:33 (3269 days ago) @ Kermit

A few thoughts:

Backward compatibility is a big deal. I hope this causes Sony to scrap Playstation Now or at least reinvent it.

Microsoft made a major miscalculation pushing full digital, DRM, and non-gaming features at launch, and Sony took great advantage of that. I think the Xbox One has upped their game. I think Sony is now coming across as less generous to gamers.

I really like my PS4 better than my Xbox in some ways, but man, their promotional content and store is lousy. On the Xbox I was able to quickly see all the E3 stuff from the Xbox keynote with minimal fuss last night. I spent 20 minutes trying to see the equivalent on the PS4. The live content viewer kept flaking out. Gave up finally.

The XBox One version of Fallout 4 will support mods...maybe not ALL mods, but some for sure. This is fabulous, and represents one clear distinction between XB1 and PS4 - a shared OS between PC and XB1.

Now, not certain how well it will actually work, but the potential...! Hopefully MS fully capitalizes on this and forces Sony to lower the price of the PS4...

...so I can buy one to play The Last of Us and the other fabulous PS exclusives.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread