Spotty library ... (Gaming)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 17:09 (3268 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by uberfoop, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 17:21

Did you miss the part where they said 100 titles by Christmas, hundreds soon after

I didn't miss it; a few hundred games is somewhat distant from perfect library coverage.

and all first-party titles?

I don't remember that exactly, although they do seem to be aiming to get a lot of the first-party stuff out of the way first.

The only obstacles beyond the already-mentioned peripheral limitations are licensing agreements and publishers saying no.

In theory that's sunshine and rainbows, but in practice it has a history of getting extremely messy, and in terms of really rounding out the library I'll believe it when I see it.

For example, RalliSport Challenge 2 actually works pretty well on a modded 360 (better than a lot of official BC titles do), and RalliSport Challenge 1 is an official BC title. The two games were made by the same people. Yet RSC2 isn't playable on an unmodded 360. It's often seen as one of the greatest rally racing games ever made (and today it's one of the more oft-mentioned reasons to hold onto an oXbox), and it got eaten by the magical licensing and verification bunny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread