I disagree. (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 19, 2015, 22:54 (3256 days ago) @ Kahzgul

A big budget only means you get better graphics and movie-tie-in-themed games. It does not equate to stronger narrative or gameplay.

Check out Save the Date, Papers, Please!, and The Swapper for some awesome indy games from the past year.

Can't speak for the other 2, but Papers please was also pretty dismal. I think I went over why a while ago here. How much cooler would it have been, if it had an LA Noire style questioning of the travelers, where you could actually see their emotions?

I mean, it would have been a different game. I'm sorry you didn't like it, but I did. Save the Date was my personal favorite game of last year. It's just so META, you know? Like, way more meta than you think, even after you think it's super meta. You absolutely must play it several times, and I can't tell you why without spoiling why.

Okay, I played it. Several times. I feel like I wasted my time. Feel free to email me and tell me what I missed. ;)

(I read this, so I know the stuff that annoyed me was intentional. I guess I'm looking for a reason why it shouldn't annoy me. :) )

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread