So............Is That It? (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 02:13 (3267 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

What were you expecting? I don't know if you know the history of Bungie day, but there are NEVER major things released. The biggest thing ever released, in my opinion, is the Marathon 2 release on XBL. It is always more a celebration about the Community (which the 30 minutes video did a great job celebrating) not about getting free stuff from Bungie.

What about 2008? Free map released into the wild. Other years have included a lot more interaction in the game too; like recon, reveals, steaktacular challenges, etc. I was kind of hoping for stuff like that too.

That's fair, I've always been of the opinion it's more about the community celebrating Bungie and vice versa. Before 2007 Bungie Day was something only celebrated by the community. Also remember 2009 when you had to beat Bungie to get anything, and 2011 where for the vast majority of players they got a nameplate and the flaming helmet. You can argue we "got" less this year than past years, but they also made an awesome 30 minute video for us, a contest where you can actually get the Taken King for free, an awesome new section of the site, and an emblem no one that isn't involved in Year One can get.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread