I like these. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 09:51 (3181 days ago) @ Kermit

Wow. Completely disagree. The narrator is speaking as one of us, but then directs the listener to join us. I think it's directed precisely to people who haven't played the game.

I love it.

No, we agree 100%. I find it amusing that I definitely would refuse to play the game if this commercial was my major exposure to the game.

I only think it's cool because I've already played the game.

For example, I use a head trauma index when watching movie previews. If there is head trauma in a preview, I know the movie probably won't be funny. Time to head trauma is proportional to amount of humor in the film. I know these are probably good marketing tools for those who enjoy those types of movies, but to me it's a warning sign, unless I am already familiar with the property and can get excited from other things. Look at Lazer Team from Rooster Teeth. Looks cool to me, but my head trauma index puts it at the unfunny part of the spectrum. I would not see this movie if I didn't trust those guys.

When I said they weren't marketing to me, I meant me. Not people in general. I am probably not the type of person they were targeting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread