Fixed issues with suspend/resume handling on Xbox One (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:38 (3232 days ago) @ Kermit

Hope this helps with the chat issues that pop up if you don't manually quit Destiny every so often.

Didn't know that those had to do with the login.
More weird Xbox-exclusive quirks that I hope they fix:

Inability to join Fireteam if the wrong person is host.
The "awaiting stability" delay (kinda nitpicky, but those delays add up).
The way microphones cut off between loading screens.
The annoying "you were returned to orbit because you're joining a Fireteam" popup that freezes you in place (oh thanks, I had no idea that I specifically chose to join a fireteam. Thanks for the heads up!)
Separating the Fireteam privacy from the party option (The more that Destiny can separate from the Xbox OS, the better).

Yes! At least you can be invisible on Xbox, though.

Up until you join a Fireteam/party. I can always see when you're on, since you don't seem to play alone much. :P
The game rats you out quickly enough...

The triple-error combo that ends up logging you off.
VoG enemy behaviors.

Or is the problem Playstation enemy behaviors--why does the gatekeeper just sit there when you shoot him?

Hubris!
Heh, I'd rather have those problems than enemies consistently teleporting onto the Confluxes from a mile away...

Netcode for Trials (it'd be great to find a single game without a red-bar host).
Lack of Exodus Blue (one more month, guys, just one more month)...

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows.

Point taken regarding unnecessary integration, but about the 1080p issue, that had more to do with Microsoft unlocking more processing power when they removed the Kinect requirement, from what I recall.

I don't understand quite how that works for folks who do use Kinect. Was the simple "requirement" hogging processing power?
Either way, I doubt that's the cause for the existing quirks. I blame much of it on the OS. Hopefully the NXE alleviates a number of these issues.

I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

Love my Xbox One, but I wish the OS was as speedy as the playstation's. Maybe that will change in the fall.

I was explaining to Paddy how Saved films and sharing/exporting worked on PS4, and I could feel his pained heart valves through the headset. Can't wait for that OS overhaul. Can't come soon enough...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread