Semi-relevant link (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, August 31, 2015, 17:44 (3315 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This will probably be sacrilege to you, but yeah, I've never been that into Black Dog.

But moreover, the feel of the song and the feel of the trailer just didn't mesh for me. But I'm wrong :)

This is also why it is very dangerous to use popular music in visual media. People are going to take in their preconceived notions about the song in with them. Good or bad. 98% of the time it's better to write something specific for the piece.

The Immigrant Song definitely worked in the Live Action Trailer, it fit into the narrative in multiple ways. I will admit that Black Dog doesn't fit as well in this one, but I still love it. An amazing song that has a lot of "Rock" to it being used as a backdrop for what you'll be doing in TTK. I can totally see why they chose it. It got my blood pumping. It worked for me, but I can see what you & marmot are saying. The feel of TTK seems more brooding than rocking.

Makes me wonder if they're starting a tradition, a Zeppelin song with each new year of destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread