IGN quote from urk

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 21:16 (3977 days ago) @ narcogen

I feel strongly that MS acquiescing to spinning Bungie off as an independent company was placing a bet on the Halo franchise's future, and against the success of any new Bungie property succeeding on the same level.

A bet I'd take actually.

Bungie may well not need much help from Microsoft anyway. With their new title now set to launch on at least four different platforms (one each from the last and next generations of MS and Sony hardware) and a sizable fanbase among Microsoft console owners, plus Sony's help in promoting the franchise on their own hardware, Destiny will probably have every chance to be nearly as big if not bigger than Halo was, but with a larger audience to draw on.

Destiny is a different type of game. It's not going to appeal to the entire Halo and CoD crowd. The audience I think is much smaller. I'm eager to see it at E3 in order to make a better judgement.

Halo will probably remain Bungie's most successful game in terms of both sales and cultural penetration. That's why MS is focusing on Halo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread