For those still struggling with this... (DBO)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, October 01, 2015, 15:02 (3128 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Doooskey, Thursday, October 01, 2015, 15:05

Our biggest problem was getting to the final room with more than 4 or 5 minutes on the clock. Any suggestions for quicker clearing of previous areas? (I didn't feel like we were being incompetent, and we KNEW we needed to get down there with 7+ mins on the clock - we just couldn't execute, and I can't help feeling like we were going about it wrong, somehow.)

We got to the boss room with about 6:30 on the clock and ended with :40 to spare. The room that is the hardest is the one with the 3 wizards that spawn (Where the spider tank drops in the strike). If you have the Raid fusion rifle (void, extra damage to taken) or Telesto's (void, secondary explosion tons of damage), they really help with the wizards. This room seems to be the one that hurt us the most timewise. We prioritize the wizards/spawn balls in order of how close they are. First thing we did was take out the spawn ball that is near the front, then 1-2 guys focus the wizard at the end of the left tunnel (Again raid/telesto fusion rifles are great here, as 2-3 shadow thralls can be taken out with one volley), then clear the spawn ball in the back left, after that we all 3 focus the middle wizard (who the first guy is whittling down, along with taking out the back spawn ball). Then the 3rd wizard always seems to end up in the right tunnel... We all 3 kill her. Then we had two guys hop up to clear both sets of snipers. If you had high light void snipers... Those might work better on the wizards. We just didn't have them.

In the final room, make sure you come in with full rockets (we used rockets on the boss and spawn balls, but I think I would primarily use them on the boss in the short "no adds" windows). Use a synth if you need to. Also, like Cruel said, you can rotate back the the front cover area when needed. I think the rockets can make the fight shorter, which is why I mention them. They do quick, high damage for those little windows.

The fight is still hectic, but you will have moments of control, and a few moments of no adds where you can rocket the crap out of the boss.

I think if you did this clean with lots of boss damage, it could be done with 5 minutes. That would be tough, but doable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread