From Bungie: Destiny Update 2.0.1 (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:37 (3111 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm the type of player for whom the addition of re-rolling weapons was bridge too far in terms of adding complexity to the game. Just setting the baseline here--there's a limit to how much I want to think about when it comes to the meta-game.

And regarding resources in the economy, I'm usually short on some resource either because I don't play enough or I'm not good enough. It's been an adjustment knowing I couldn't automatically get 27 strange coins every week if I needed them, yet I was heartened by how quickly I earned coins or motes in the TTK by doing varied activities I actually want to do. Now they've cut back, and with that my anxiety is back.

I'm just going to say, this is bit crazy making. I'm starting to feel what I've heard others say they feel, that the game is antagonistic. I love the game. I played two missions yesterday I hadn't played before that blew me away (the daily and the PS4 exclusive strike--at least the end of it). I'm less and less interested in the stress-inducing elements (like not having enough of something). I guess I should take my own advice and just not think about it, it's hard not to worry about every little decision when you're poor.

The grind is real if you let it be. Unfortunately they're really encouraging people to care about their light level by locking things with it and making things really hard if you're not high enough, and you need gear of every type to bring it up. There's also a kind of weird element where the engrams and rewards you get seem to be scaled in their attack and defense by your light level when they're produced, but they tend to be a few points below your current light level. Occasionally they're above it or significantly below it, and very rarely they're above it enough to really be significant. Because of that the rewards are fairly unlikely to be of any help unless your light level is buoyed one or two items or you're looking to fill a niche (getting some better hand cannon loader gauntlets for example).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread