However... (Destiny)

by yakaman, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:05 (3116 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I'm the type of player for whom the addition of re-rolling weapons was bridge too far in terms of adding complexity to the game. Just setting the baseline here--there's a limit to how much I want to think about when it comes to the meta-game.

And regarding resources in the economy, I'm usually short on some resource either because I don't play enough or I'm not good enough. It's been an adjustment knowing I couldn't automatically get 27 strange coins every week if I needed them, yet I was heartened by how quickly I earned coins or motes in the TTK by doing varied activities I actually want to do. Now they've cut back, and with that my anxiety is back.

I'm just going to say, this is bit crazy making. I'm starting to feel what I've heard others say they feel, that the game is antagonistic. I love the game. I played two missions yesterday I hadn't played before that blew me away (the daily and the PS4 exclusive strike--at least the end of it). I'm less and less interested in the stress-inducing elements (like not having enough of something). I guess I should take my own advice and just not think about it, it's hard not to worry about every little decision when you're poor.

The grind is real if you let it be.

TL;DR
TTK has been fabulous, but I can't keep pace!

I think you're basically saying "just play for fun and don't think too much about the meta"...Yes? No? YesNo? That's what I've been trying to do. BUT!

I think Kermit is speaking to the anxiety that comes with "unless I do X, Y, Z in the best way possible, I'll fall behind". This is a very real thing, especially when it comes to, say, the best Crucible or Iron Banner build or something.

In my case, it's working against me playing Destiny. I have less time to play than normal, and on the horizon lie Halo 5 and (the big one) Fallout 4. I cannot allocate enough time to Destiny to stay relatively "optimal". This stresses me out. I've taken about 10 days off (due to work) and already feel a bit left behind.

I'll probably catch up in the next couple of weeks, but once the other stuff comes along I can't imagine keeping up with the Jones' of Destiny.

My problem, not Destiny's.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread