The one consolation to weapon parts (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 19:35 (3114 days ago) @ Earendil

It is lightly that most of us are usually way more weapon parts per week here in the opening stages than we will a month or two from now. This will only be a problem as we try and bring all our favorite weapons up to 300 (or more) but once that's done it'll just be the occasional weapon.

So this isn't a long term grind so much as a way to force some pacing. Bungie has always said they want people to make choices with their weapons.

Yeah. I had a couple thousand weapon parts when TTK dropped, then blew 80% of them on Faction rep on day 1. Right now I have about 800, and that's because I'm very selective about what I upgrade/level up when a DLC drops, because something great might just be around the corner (such as a Year 2 Messenger). I don't get the people that feel the need to upgrade absolutely everything the second they unlock the nodes, or feel like they had to bump up their entire collection to the max light level.

I am actually fairly low-ish on weapon parts on Xbox, but that's because I have so few drops there, but even so 90% of my gear is maxed out XP-wise, but pretty much none of the nodes are filled in. Gotta learn to conserve.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread