Got a question about Destiny?

by The Lionheart ⌂, Savannah, GA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:33 (3970 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have a question:

So far, what they've shown seems to be more about the "game-y" aspects of Destiny, whereas I'm only really interested in investing myself in this universe if there's something there when I dig deeper (and hopefully stuff even deeper than that, that other people discover and share with me), so, will there be layers upon layers upon layers of story, lore, narrative, etc in this world the way that there was in the Halo universe, or is the E3 playthrough's capriciousness a good indication of how little else there is to Destiny besides how fun it is to play with your friends?

I'm really excited for Destiny, and the ARG got my hopes up, but when I finished watching the E3 videos/playthroughs, I felt like I was barking up the wrong tree when I went in expecting depth and gravitas. This is Bungie we're talking about, so I'm only scratching my head at this point, I haven't given up on what I hope will be in this universe, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed by how little I felt I learned about the universe itself by watching them fight Fallen in some Russian ruins.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread