Rise of Iron - Forged in Fire ViDoc (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 17:50 (2810 days ago)

Rise of Iron - Forged in Fire ViDoc

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:06 (2810 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Rise of Iron has everything you would expect from a Destny Exspantion"

Heh. You play a Dangerous game my friend.

"Felwinter peak is very interesting because we have never had the player fight in a social space before."

So. Does the beginning of the Vault of Glass not count?

"The ornament system is this really cool thing , that lets you take your favorite pieces of gear, and then you customize this weapon the way you want it to be."

Perhaps, but based on the footage this doesn't appear to be true. It looks more like "alternate skins" instead of say, being able to apply shaders to get different effects like we can now with existing armors (We can change color, texture, pattern, emissive properties , and speculer properties) or the "chroma" system (Just Color). It appears to be the most restrictive form of customization for a singular weapon (Press X to "Customize"). Technically I should have said "singular weapon/armor" but I'm hopeful that the armors "Customization" can be altered with the shaders.

Image of Nemesis Star Exotic Weapon Goes here

Uh. Guys. The N Logo you have on this...doesn't google have something similar (6:06)

You like sidearms. We got all the sidearms this time around.

Don't really have anything to say to this other then... *Ahem*

STEP RIGHT UP LAY-DEES and Gent-talman!
Where you will get to see not Nine, Not Ten, Not Even Eleven.
No. You will see
.... blah blah blah :P

I don't know. For some reason this set of words conjured some smarmy circus top snake oil salesman for a second. No implying intended, just found it kind of funny.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:17 (2810 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Social as in The Tower or The Reef.

Neat!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:19 (2810 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

If D is for Destiny, then N is for Nadir

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:20 (2810 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Uh. Guys. The N Logo you have on this...doesn't google have something similar (6:06)

Nadir
[image]

If D is for Destiny, then N is for Nadir

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:27 (2810 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Nadir
[image]

[image]

Ah. Interesting. Ok.

Brain is sated.

Mmmmmm, Nougat

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 18:29 (2810 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Seriously, what is nougat? It's creepy, is what it is.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 19:28 (2810 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Nougat will be very creepy, indeed, once released...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 19:33 (2810 days ago) @ Kahzgul

But perhaps no more creepy than Marshmellow, Lolipop, KitKat, or Jellybean...

I've actually called Mars support with that question.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 19:33 (2810 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by dogcow, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 19:36

They had to ask their manager. The answer was basically egg-whites, sugar, and other "stuff".

Edit: they were very cagey and elusive with their response.
Edit2: it seemed that the other "stuff" varied by candy bar. Slycrel, were you working at the time the DRC Dev Team had this debate in the basement? Ended up calling to settle it, and nobody was happy w/ the non-answer we got.

I've actually called Mars support with that question.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 20:41 (2810 days ago) @ dogcow

Yes, I believe it was Brian "the unibomber" who made one of the key calls. Pick a candybar with nougat and check the wrapper, there's a phone number on there. IIRC he was transferred at least 2 times and never got a real satisfactory answer. I think they thought he was going to steal a recipe or something.

Note that we did learn that M&M/mars company has a different recipe for nougat for each candy bar. IIRC we asked about snickers, 3 musketeers and milky way. :D

I find company support not helpful in these cases.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 22:17 (2810 days ago) @ dogcow

I was doing a raid with people and brought up the pop Rock N Rye, but wasn't sure what flavour it really was. I called up the Faygo line and they also had no idea.

New invention: Pop Rocks in Rye bread, like a pimento bread

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 22:34 (2810 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Watching this reminded me how much I liked TTK

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 20:05 (2810 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's like, oh yeah, all the Destiny stuff they made last time was really good.

Boy do I hope that they have made changes to the end game grind so that it's not actually a grind anymore. Sucks to play through the glory of TTK and then be dumped right back into vanilla Destiny endgame again.

I should not have watched this.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 20:59 (2810 days ago) @ CyberKN

Dammit.

Trailers are starting to give too much away. I saw things that would have been more fun having NOT known about them before hand. I've robbed myself of discovery.

Entirely my fault.

Shit.

Thanks for the warning. Serious.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 21:00 (2810 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Ditto.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 21:08 (2810 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Skipped it for that reason, happy I did now.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 21:09 (2810 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Yeah.. (no sp)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 23:42 (2810 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It was a really well done Vidoc, but gave too much away:

• They explain the strike and a really cool mechanic of the boss.
  • They explain and SHOW multiple sections of the Raid.
  • They show all* the end game gear.

*it might not be all, but unless the challenge mode armor is way different, I know (and dislike) what it looks like...

Yeah.. (no sp)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 00:21 (2810 days ago) @ breitzen

Yeah. I don't like playing Raids blind, but I like the buildup and anticipation. We knew next to nothing the previous three times, right? Now I know where at least a good portion of the Raid takes place. :(

Yeah.. (no sp)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 01:37 (2810 days ago) @ Ragashingo

They showed like 10 seconds of it. I'm pretty sure they did that for King's Fall. They didn't show the solution to anything either.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 00:23 (2810 days ago) @ breitzen

[*]They explain and SHOW multiple sections of the Raid.

Dammit, Bungie. That's so not cool.

Don't forget what you used to know.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 00:54 (2810 days ago) @ Kermit

I remember the discussion coming up during the Halo 2 and Halo 3 pre-launch days, and I used to take a pretty hardline stance that if the developer is willing to show and talk about it, it's not a spoiler.

This shows that I was very definitely wrong. I haven't (and won't) watch the ViDoc, so I can't honestly say how egregious is is, but it seems very not cool.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 01:42 (2810 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I remember the discussion coming up during the Halo 2 and Halo 3 pre-launch days, and I used to take a pretty hardline stance that if the developer is willing to show and talk about it, it's not a spoiler.

This shows that I was very definitely wrong.

It really doesn't, and if you haven't seen it it's even more senseless to say that. Developers can spoil their work. Sometimes they're willing to (e.g. when Lorraine McLees spoiled that Noble Team dies in an unboxing video of all things). The vast majority of the time, though, if they're talking about it, then it's early on, or it's a vague thing, or it's just a theme.

??? POTENTIAL RAID SPOILERS

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 02:51 (2810 days ago) @ General Vagueness

It really doesn't, and if you haven't seen it it's even more senseless to say that. Developers can spoil their work. Sometimes they're willing to (e.g. when Lorraine McLees spoiled that Noble Team dies in an unboxing video of all things). The vast majority of the time, though, if they're talking about it, then it's early on, or it's a vague thing, or it's just a theme.

They had a whole section talking about being on top of the wall and the death-zamboni. Instead of a HOLY-SHIT moment, I'm going to say: Oh cool its the part where we HAVE to run away and jump off the wall. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes?

I'm not arguing that Devs can't spoil things. I'm saying that for as secretive as they are (and as passionate as we the players are) it surprised me to see them basically reveal and explain in basic terms a section of the Raid.

No raid spoilers here.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 03:42 (2810 days ago) @ breitzen

They also showed the kvostov early on. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes? They also showed that we had to take back felwinter's peak. How is that not a spoiler?

Look. I don't know why people are taking such a hard line on this. Anything raid related is a spoiler, but missions aren't? Why can't Bingle just talk about their goddamn game without people complaining that they're saying too much, then complain that they're not saying enough in the weekly updates.

If you don't want to know about the game, don't read and watch game streams. Anyone who is upset with the information releases here should know it's his own fault, IMO. If you want to go spoiler free, don't watch INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS ABOUT THE GAME! LOL

No raid spoilers here.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 04:22 (2810 days ago) @ Funkmon

They also showed the kvostov early on. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes? They also showed that we had to take back felwinter's peak. How is that not a spoiler?

Look. I don't know why people are taking such a hard line on this. Anything raid related is a spoiler, but missions aren't? Why can't Bingle just talk about their goddamn game without people complaining that they're saying too much, then complain that they're not saying enough in the weekly updates.

If you don't want to know about the game, don't read and watch game streams. Anyone who is upset with the information releases here should know it's his own fault, IMO. If you want to go spoiler free, don't watch INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS ABOUT THE GAME! LOL

It breaks past precedent. They didn't reveal much at all about the Raids. We knew which Destination they'd be on and that they might have a jumping puzzle or two that we'd see and that was it. Here, they told us, in vague detail, where we would travel for the first section of the Raid. Where the first section would end. What the first Raid Boss was. And where we would go once we defeat that boss.

I totally agree that people are too sensitive to spoilers. But they do have a point here in that we were told a lot more than we were in time past and that was a bit unexpected. And belittling them doesn't make their point wrong.

Agreed.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 05:04 (2810 days ago) @ Funkmon

If I didn't want to know about Cersei blowing up the Sept, I wouldn't watch a video discussing Game of Thrones.

Seriously? (Game of Thrones season 6 spoilers above)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 11:35 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast
edited by cheapLEY, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 11:45

Now you're just going out of your way to be an asshole.

Is that an actual spoiler?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 11:45 (2809 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I'd consider it one.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:07 (2809 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The whole opening of that episode gave me chills. So good.

Absolutely

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:31 (2809 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What is it with you people and spoilers? Is it really so hard to just not do it?

There's enough "repeat offenders" on here that I really wonder whether you do it just to piss people off.

Absolutely

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:45 (2809 days ago) @ someotherguy

What is it with you people and spoilers? Is it really so hard to just not do it?

There's enough "repeat offenders" on here that I really wonder whether you do it just to piss people off.

There was no other reason to post that. It added literally nothing to the conversation.

It is a completely relevant comparison.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:04 (2809 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd say John Marston dies at the end of RDR (obvious RDR spoiler) but that is old enough to not be as impactful.

Not a relevant comparison

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:37 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I doubt the show discussing GoT aired before the episode did.

Hardly a spoiler.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:01 (2809 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It is heavily foreshadowed and IIRC it was in the books that are old as fuck. If I really wanted to spoil it I would say Dexter leaves his son with Hannah and fakes his own death to protect them.

Also, please refrain from personal attacks, as that is actually against forum rules as of this post.

Hardly a spoiler.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:33 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

It is heavily foreshadowed and IIRC it was in the books that are old as fuck. If I really wanted to spoil it I would say Dexter leaves his son with Hannah and fakes his own death to protect them.

Yeah, it's heavily foreshadowed in Season 6, which some might or have seen yet. And it wasn't necessary or relavent. It was posting a spoiler to an unrelated IP just for the sake of doing it. But at a certain point, that doesn't even matter. Every time this happens, multiple people here ask that folks refrain from posting unmarked spoilers. It would cost you nothing. At this point, ignoring those requests IS just willfully being an asshole. Your attitude sucks.

You know what? I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to stop reading your posts, and then we'll both be happy.

I've never seen one.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:56 (2809 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:59

Of course after my initial post(s) in a topic, I only read direct replies or posts by people that I think are interesting or funny. So, if you've asked without being a direct response to me I wouldn't see it.

But again, please refrain from personal attacks. People posting for the sake of being irritating or funny isn't anything new around here.

I'm sorry.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 16:24 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

But again, please refrain from personal attacks.

Seriously. Calling you an asshole is clearly unjustified and a shitty thing to do.

This issue keeps coming up, and it's getting a little ridiculous. No matter your personal feelings on the matter, spoiling things for people isn't cool. Many people here have made it pretty clear it bothers them. There's just no good reason to do it.

People posting for the sake of being irritating or funny isn't anything new around here.

That doesn't make it okay, and that's also a shitty thing to do (Well, the irritating part, anyway).

Eh, you're fine.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 17:00 (2809 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was definitely way out of line. Unless you mean that sarcastically, like I was with the please refrain statements. Which is also fine. But I do think people are confusing Funk and I's posts on this matter. His are the more intelligent ones, I'm just a dummy playing along.

I'll chill out.

Hardly a spoiler.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:55 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

It is heavily foreshadowed and IIRC it was in the books that are old as fuck.

I am not watching the hbo series (for a multitude of reasons), but AM reading the books. Apparently this will be a revelation to you, but the books are not that old, they're still a work in progress. Book 6 hasn't even been finished/published yet!

Thanks for spoiling it.

ಠ_ಠ

My bad.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:05 (2809 days ago) @ dogcow

But I'll use spoiler tags from now on.

Didn't They Do 'Hold The Door'?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:45 (2809 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Ugh

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 21:57 (2809 days ago) @ Morpheus

Debate aside, can we all at least agree that that was painfully bad writing. Made worse by the fact I'm certain the author thought it was brilliant. Ican practically see their big, smug grin every time I think about it. Blegh.

Ugh

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 02:07 (2809 days ago) @ someotherguy

Yeah, I don't even have HBO.
(insert some front page joke here)
Just one day, my Facebook, YouTube and internet feeds were just exploding with "Hold the door."

[image]

Not all spoilers are created equal.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:02 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

Those are, technically spoilers, I am ONLY talking about Raid stuff. I get that you still have to market the game somehow.

It's a personal preference on how I enjoy one activity in the game. It's like the Batman v Superman trailer that revealed Doomsday, yeah I know B&S are going to end up on the same team, but why couldn't have that been a surprise?

I do want to know about the game, there's a lot of really cool stuff in the video and in GI coverage that doesn't cross that line for me. And yeah, what they revealed about the Raid isn't going to ruin the experience. They create these videos for a certain audience, maybe I'm just not in that group anymore, and that's OK, now I know for Destiny 2. I'll just stick to trailers from now on.

That's rational.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:04 (2809 days ago) @ breitzen

I think you'll be fine if like during HOW they tell you what the video is going to be about, but general informational videos, if you're trying to avoid information about specific things, is probably a big nono in the future.

Yep :/

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:13 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

You're missing the point (as usual)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:01 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

I understand the position you are coming from, but you are being too black and white with this.

My issue with the vidoc in this instance is that I simply saw things that would have been more fun to figure out and put together myself.

Yes, they didn't show or solve a puzzle right before my eyes and explicitly tell me, but what they DID show (which I won't repeat) I consider to be lore and story info that again, would be more fun to experience blind.

Showing a new gun, or armor, or basic enemy, or a new vista without context is one thing.

Telling me verbatim the SPECIFIC things I'm doing in a SPECIFIC mission and HOW/WHY or social space is not cool.

I'm not someone who typically cares much about spoilers, but in THIS INSTANCE I simply saw things that I feel would have been better if I didn't.

That's all.

Show me all the mp and custom games you want. Don't show me too much of the plot.

For you to be all "hurt durr, don't want the video dummy" is stupid.

I couldn't possibly have known what I was going to see and hear from the devs as it relates to the specific things I saw.

It's a risk I took to see if I wanted to buy this dlc, and this time it didn't pan out, is all, so I warned others.

I'm sure there is plenty they didn't tell or show me also.

Now go eat that sock you owe us and don't be a douche.

You're missing the point (as usual)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:07 (2809 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Now go eat that sock you owe us and don't be a douche.

Just blend it in with a smoothie. It'll go right down.

How was I being a douche?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:07 (2809 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

You still have yet to eat that sock.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:12 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

That makes me a douche. Got it.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:17 (2809 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

That makes me a douche. Got it.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 23:58 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

I think it's your tone.

I completely agree with this

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:00 (2809 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

??? POTENTIAL RAID SPOILERS

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:45 (2809 days ago) @ breitzen

They had a whole section talking about being on top of the wall and the death-zamboni. Instead of a HOLY-SHIT moment, I'm going to say: Oh cool its the part where we HAVE to run away and jump off the wall. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes?

No, I didn't feel that way because I didn't think about what it was taking away, I was just thinking "that's really cool". Now that I am, it's not going to be a surprise, so that's... well, not spoiling, I would say, but something's lost. Spoiling would be if they gave out story elements or puzzle solutions.

Something is lost by not having the first encounter with it be interactive, and having that be a surprise*, but it's not much compared to an entire raid. It's not even much compared to one hard puzzle (like say the Warpriest fight). It's a set piece, something that has a short shelf life (unless it's one of the best ever in the entire medium, and then it'll last as long as people's memory holds out, or until their top 5 or top 10 lists get too close to being top 15 or top 20).

How would you prefer they build hype for the raid?

* a pretty basic "oooooh it's big and it's gonna getchya!" surprise too, in a game mode full of things that are both big and going to get you, I mean even the tombships qualify

Wellll......

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 03:13 (2810 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Reach pretty much got a free pass. Nearly every video, official or unofficial mentioned directly about Noble Team's sacrifice. Remember that robot car arm thing? That was literally a memorial website. I understand what you're saying of course, but Halo:Reach was a difficult example to connect. I mean, when the game's tagline is "From the beginning, you know the end", that's pretty much the go-ahead for spoilers. :-D

"From the Beginning you know the End"

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 03:21 (2810 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Wellll......

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:06 (2809 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:13

If you're holding up Reach as an example where people seemed hypocritical about spoilers, I find that silly. Many of us knew Reach got glassed before the first Halo game was released. A part of the challenge of telling that story was that the drama was in the small events, not the big ones. Same with SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.

It's another kettle of fish for Bungie to start spoiling aspects of the raid, an activity many players like to go into blind--a condition Bungie heretofore encouraged.

Disclosure: I haven't seen the vidoc but I'll take breitzen's word.

I will explain by analogy what kind of stuff they "spoiled."

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:39 (2809 days ago) @ Kermit

First, showed the full raid armor sets.

In terms of the raid mechanics, it seems like if they explained about VOG "you fight through this big thing, then fall into the gorgon's maze where they can't see you if you want to live, then you continue on." Then it showed a bit of footage of the jumping puzzle to the vault of glass afterwards.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:48 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

In terms of the raid mechanics, it seems like if they explained about VOG "you fight through this big thing, then fall into the gorgon's maze where they can't see you if you want to live, then you continue on." Then it showed a bit of footage of the jumping puzzle to the vault of glass afterwards.

Thanks for that. I'm so glad I didn't know that about the VoG. It may sound like a minor thing, but discovering how hard the gorgons were to kill, and then realizing that we were intended to sneak by them was thrilling. That was a mechanic that did not exist elsewhere in the game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:52 (2809 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks for that. I'm so glad I didn't know that about the VoG. It may sound like a minor thing, but discovering how hard the gorgons were to kill, and then realizing that we were intended to sneak by them was thrilling. That was a mechanic that did not exist elsewhere in the game.

Exactly. I think literally all anybody knew about the Vault from prerelease videos was the Jumping Puzzle. Even that would have been better had it not been revealed.

There's a strong possibility this is on that level.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:59 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It would've been if they'd stayed quiet

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:02 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

My main peeve is with the "walkthrough commentary" of what was going on on screen.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:57 (2809 days ago) @ Kermit

How thrilling? I agree but I think you're overstating it, or you're remembering it wrong.

Also, it's the only part of the whole raid other than carrying things that had anything kinda-sorta-majorly different from normal gameplay, it's about the only thing kinda-sorta-majorly different at all until King's Fall. I really think people around here give the first two raids too much credit, and I wish they hadn't-- I went into King's Fall expecting it was just as overhyped, but no, it had actual puzzles, and I didn't get to figure them out myself because everyone wanted to just finish the raid by the time I got to play it.

That's the other thing-- by the time it's been out for a week, maybe a month, it'll be another part of the grind for most players. One-time surprises don't count for shit in a grind, good gameplay does, and you can't spoil that.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 21:32 (2809 days ago) @ General Vagueness

How thrilling? I agree but I think you're overstating it, or you're remembering it wrong.

I'm not that old. I'm remembering perfectly. This was back when Postmortem played Destiny regularly and he had kind of slipped into the role of our (also blind) sherpa. We spent hours in that damn maze. We found all the chests trying to get out. Somehow I'd found the exit in the first half hour or so but we didn't find it again until long after.

Also, it's the only part of the whole raid other than carrying things that had anything kinda-sorta-majorly different from normal gameplay, it's about the only thing kinda-sorta-majorly different at all until King's Fall. I really think people around here give the first two raids too much credit, and I wish they hadn't-- I went into King's Fall expecting it was just as overhyped, but no, it had actual puzzles, and I didn't get to figure them out myself because everyone wanted to just finish the raid by the time I got to play it.

Most people I know rank them VoG, King's Fall, Crota, but KF might be number one if it weren't so long. Sorry you didn't get to figure them out--that is the downside of raids, they're best blind but that requires a bit of a sprint to get to level so you still have unspoiled teammates to play with.

That's the other thing-- by the time it's been out for a week, maybe a month, it'll be another part of the grind for most players. One-time surprises don't count for shit in a grind, good gameplay does, and you can't spoil that.

You can't. Destiny has good gameplay, thankfully, and I enjoy the coordination and rhythm you develop playing on a raid team.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 00:27 (2809 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not that old. I'm remembering perfectly. This was back when Postmortem played Destiny regularly and he had kind of slipped into the role of our (also blind) sherpa. We spent hours in that damn maze. We found all the chests trying to get out. Somehow I'd found the exit in the first half hour or so but we didn't find it again until long after.

Most people I know rank them VoG, King's Fall, Crota, but KF might be number one if it weren't so long. Sorry you didn't get to figure them out--that is the downside of raids, they're best blind but that requires a bit of a sprint to get to level so you still have unspoiled teammates to play with.

No, that's the thing...
I went into VoG as a semi-blind run, where no one spilled what to do immediately, except for the last relic sequence, and I figured out all the other parts on my own (except how to get through the maze)...
I figured out almost all of CE on my own because I soloed it up until the middle of the Deathsinger fight...
the Prison of Elders was a whole step down from the raids as far as complexity...

and none of those were challenging puzzle-wise or logic-wise outside of the Gorgon maze.

Since they weren't challenging, and since you guys acted like they were for some reason, I went into my first run of KF as a very-much-not-blind run (I didn't look things up and I asked for no hand-holding, but everyone else except I think one person knew what to do)-- and that was a mistake, because I then had things explained to me that would've been quite a challenge (possibly a fun challenge) to figure out.

I don't blame you though. Mostly I blame Cody. I think he made himself like the raid more than he would've otherwise (and proselytize about it because of that) because he didn't want to let go of Bungie and this community, and I trusted that judgment. (You can see it even now, he's going on about how leaping off a ledge is a fantastic puzzle in itself because Halo didn't have double jumps-- as if that's relevant to anything, especially in a game where you can revive on the spot.)

I also am not going to do any sort of sprint or cash in all my currency to get to raiding level in the first week. I play when I feel like it, at the pace I feel like, regardless of events,* and I wish more people would do the same.

* I will admit Iron Banner sometimes sucks me in, and I can't really say why since I never get much from it and half the time it can't help me that much anyway

I agree with Cody.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 00:36 (2809 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 00:39 (2809 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I don't blame you though. Mostly I blame Cody. I think he made himself like the raid more than he would've otherwise (and proselytize about it because of that) because he didn't want to let go of Bungie and this community, and I trusted that judgment.

No, I like the raids because they are the most fun cooperative FPS experience I have had to date.

Same for me.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 02:06 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

#codyisright

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 12:27 (2808 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

well...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 12:34 (2808 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

there's a reason I didn't state it that way.

Cody doesn't need to be encouraged that his opinions represent objective truth. In this case, however, his opinion is his true opinion and we're in agreement on this one.

well...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 14:02 (2808 days ago) @ Kermit

Cody doesn't need to be encouraged that his opinions represent objective truth. In this case, however, his opinion is his true opinion and we're in agreement on this one.

It just gets to me, because this thread can basically be summed up as some people telling others they're wrong for not wanting to know anything about a new raid, no matter how minor the detail. It doesn't matter what anyone's personal opinions are on what constitutes a spoiler--you don't get to define that for another person.

well...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 14:44 (2808 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It just gets to me, because this thread can basically be summed up as some people telling others they're wrong for not wanting to know anything about a new raid, no matter how minor the detail. It doesn't matter what anyone's personal opinions are on what constitutes a spoiler--you don't get to define that for another person.

Nobody is wrong if they say with honesty they like spoilers. I struggle to see how people like Funkmon could not enjoy figuring out the raid, yet still want to play it being told exactly what to do (instead of just not playing it). I simply do not comprehend how that is fun for a human being. But he isn't wrong.

well...

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 14:49 (2808 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Right.

And most of the thread isn't people who're being told they're wrong about opinions, either, it's largely about what constitutes a spoiler. We all know Cody talks in black and white but doesn't really think like that most of the time, and most of us know I refuse to do this raid without spoilers, but nobody's saying anyone else is wrong, afaik. It's just a priorities question.

well...

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 21:48 (2808 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nobody is wrong if they say with honesty they like spoilers. I struggle to see how people like Funkmon could not enjoy figuring out the raid, yet still want to play it being told exactly what to do (instead of just not playing it). I simply do not comprehend how that is fun for a human being. But he isn't wrong.

bullshit
You are not that autistic/socially stunted/unempathetic/whatever, you have to know how that works.

well...

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 21:39 (2808 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No, but it gets prickly when their statements revolve around a word without defining that word. It's kind of like if someone told you they were giving you a new fridge and it's big, but then you saw it and it wasn't that big and said "Thanks for the fridge, but is this the right one? You said it was big", and then they got upset because it was a big fridge, for them. You had no frame of reference other than your own to go by so you were expecting something else (and asking people what they mean before you respond to them every time is a good way to get people to not want to talk to you any more).

There's another level to it too, in that people are pretty plainly exaggerating what the video shows, one person (Cody) even admitted they were probably going too far.

Anyway I don't think "your definition is wrong" or "your opinion is wrong" are driving points here, I think it's more people saying "your opinion is dumb"-- which is itself an opinion.

well...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 16:15 (2808 days ago) @ Kermit

You are probably wise to refrain from this phrasing (don't feed the bears...) but it worked in this instance. Blind raiding is fun and the teamwork is rewarding and....

On this subject, I'm in complete agreement with him and it so I thought it wouldn't be too terrible to riff on the phrase.

well...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 18:07 (2808 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

You are probably wise to refrain from this phrasing (don't feed the bears...) but it worked in this instance. Blind raiding is fun and the teamwork is rewarding and....

On this subject, I'm in complete agreement with him and it so I thought it wouldn't be too terrible to riff on the phrase.

Yep. I almost did, too.

A big one they spoiled, IMO (analogy to VoG)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:54 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

They pretty much said something similar to "the Templar teleports around and you have to grab a relic to stay alive". That's my take on what the dude said and breitzen put spoiler tags on.

It looked to me like it was not that.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:59 (2809 days ago) @ ZackDark

Either it was a boss where the mechanic is as basic as "make sure to not die," meaning it's going to piss everyone in here off as being too simple, which I doubt they'll do, or it was not a major part of the raid, like the gorgons. No loot outside of chests.

or possible *SP*

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 18:42 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

Either it was a boss where the mechanic is as basic as "make sure to not die," meaning it's going to piss everyone in here off as being too simple, which I doubt they'll do, or it was not a major part of the raid, like the gorgons. No loot outside of chests.

or it's like running into the white light in the Crota raid. The mechanic there is simply run.

i could see this specific encounter as one of staying alive until you get to a point where you make a break for it and jump.

My guess, *SP*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 19, 2016, 03:45 (2808 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm thinking it's part stay alive and part damage the boss in certain ways to slow it down / disable some of its weapons / trigger it to attempt to run you over instead of the much more dangerous shooting you to death. Finally, after doing enough damage to enough parts you finally do have to run away and jump off the wall.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:56 (2809 days ago) @ breitzen

That's… that's horrendous!

PS4 blind raid crew is banned from watching this video. I'd much prefer to do the raid with 5 others who know absolutely nothing.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 21:12 (2809 days ago) @ breitzen

*it might not be all, but unless the challenge mode armor is way different, I know (and dislike) what it looks like...

There's nothing about a boss, or really any other sections of the raid (kind of depends how you divide it), or where specifically you go before or after that one section. There's a scene with a familiar door afterwards that seems leading, but that doesn't tell you much, and really it would surprising if you didn't encounter something like that given the nature of the threat.

Yeah.. (no sp)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 13:24 (2808 days ago) @ General Vagueness

There's nothing about a boss, or really any other sections of the raid (kind of depends how you divide it), or where specifically you go before or after that one section. There's a scene with a familiar door afterwards that seems leading, but that doesn't tell you much, and really it would surprising if you didn't encounter something like that given the nature of the threat.

1. They totally talk about the Strike boss and final encounter.
2. They talk about one raid section on top of the wall and talk about theme (which more or less ok with me) show clips of: inside the wall, on top of the wall, and a brief shot once you've jumped off (this last one didn't matter much except that that told/showed us that you have to jump).
3. We have certain expectations from the Raid, and one of KF biggest critisms was it's length. If they've listened to that feedback we might expect WotM to be shorter. So even if what they do show us isnt a huge reveal/surprise, the more we see of it, the less thats new when we play it.

I should not have watched this. Same. I'm sad I saw it.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:03 (2809 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:58 (2809 days ago) @ dogcow

Damn. And here I was worried waiting a week or two to do the raid would make it hard to stay blind. Here you and Cyber got spoiled even before release…

To me, staying blind is more important than not having to grind or rush. I really really hope I don't have to do the raid right away with other people, because you guys are the best.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:59 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Damn. And here I was worried waiting a week or two to do the raid would make it hard to stay blind. Here you and Cyber got spoiled even before release…

To me, staying blind is more important than not having to grind or rush. I really really hope I don't have to do the raid right away with other people.

Outside of Private matches existing and the strike mechanics, I learned nothing in this ViDoc that I didn't already know.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:01 (2809 days ago) @ CyberKN

To me, staying blind is more important than not having to grind or rush. I really really hope I don't have to do the raid right away with other people.

Outside of Private matches existing, I learned nothing in this ViDoc that I didn't already know.

Is it incorrect that they detailed a section of the raid and explained mechanics?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:02 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Outside of Private matches existing, I learned nothing in this ViDoc that I didn't already know.

Is it incorrect that they detailed a section of the raid and explained mechanics?

No. All the raid stuff was stuff that I've seen before in earlier videos.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:03 (2809 days ago) @ CyberKN

So a section and the mechanics were detailed elsewhere?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:06 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's debatable if the mechanics were really explained beyond what was generally known.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:06 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The part that they showed and talked about was already shown in an earlier video (I think it was the first RoI vid with gameplay). Nothing new was gleaned by what they said, that I didn't already strongly suspect based off of that early video.

They spoiled the hell out of the strike, though.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:08 (2809 days ago) @ CyberKN

The part that they showed and talked about was already shown in an earlier video (I think it was the first RoI vid with gameplay). Nothing new was gleaned by what they said, that I didn't already strongly suspect based off of that early video.

Yeah I believe Datto has the entire strike play though on his channel.

BRB going to watch Datto

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:16 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:13 (2809 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yes they did.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:22 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In the ViDoc they mentioned where the first section of the Raid takes place. Imagine if I told you the first section of Crota's End was in a large dark area and showed you a couple seconds of video of a few Guardians running in the dark with a lamp way in the background. And the Bungie hosts named this area out loud. No mechanics. No enemies of any significance. But still, you now have the slightest expectation of the first area where you knew nothing before.

Next, imagine I told you where you emerge after the screen fades to white at the end of the lamp section, showed you the video of it happening, then show video of a Guardian standing under a Totem, then show everyone going through the big doors at the end of the totem puzzle. So a slight hint at a puzzle plus now you know where part two of the Raid takes place.

That's the level of spoilers the ViDoc gave away. Nothing super revealing in the grand scheme of things, but still a good deal more than I recall for the other Raids.

Not incorrect, but the mechanic isn't that bad to know

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:04 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's not "Atheon teleports you to the past/future and your crew in the present need to open the gate back for you" bad.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:05 (2809 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's not "Atheon teleports you to the past/future and your crew in the present need to open the gate back for you" bad.

Okay. Thanks. I'm probably overreacting.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:10 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Personally, I would've preferred to discover it blind for the wow factor (like "oh wow, they can do that!"), but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people will figure it out immediately.

Other than that, there is pretty clear indication of where you'll go through during the Raid, something akin to "you start Crota's End up in the Hellmouth, jump down, race through a dark cave and go into Crota's kingdom, with sick castles and shit". IIRC, it wasn't much deeper than that in details either.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:13 (2809 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:17

Personally, I would've preferred to discover it blind for the wow factor (like "oh wow, they can do that!"), but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people will figure it out immediately.

Other than that, there is pretty clear indication of where you'll go through during the Raid, something akin to "you start Crota's End up in the Hellmouth, jump down, race through a dark cave and go into Crota's kingdom, with sick castles and shit". IIRC, it wasn't much deeper than that in details either.

One of the parts I remember from VoG blind is the jump down into the Gorgon's Lair. We remember thinking, uh a dead end, now what? Someone fell off and made it down but died. We put two and two together and figured out you had to take a leap and double jump to save yourself. Coming from Halo, which had nothing like that, this was huge!

But then we went exploring and got the exotic chest without even going the secret way :-)

But yeah, what if we knew ahead of time that the progress through the VoG would involve jumping down a huge cliff? Not so cool. Sometimes the best moments in games are when you have to figure out doing something you didn't even know you could do.

Pretty much

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:17 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:12 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's probably more in line with (but not) the Gorgon section. There is no doubt more to the encounter than what was revealed, but still, it'd be like if they said there was this section you had to sneak around these Vex Harpies.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:12 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd say it would be the equivalent of saying that you can't kill the gorgons or that you have to kill the oracles. Something pretty obvious. I would guess this is a pretty minor mechanic that would be figured out pretty fast, definitely one that people can keep their mouths shut about. I'm sad because *I* lost a little of the wonder of discovery in the raid.

I'm also sad because they showed some interesting areas in which you will fight in the story missions, and I would have liked them to be a surprise. I'm looking forward to that section, but it would have been nice to have not known about it before encountering it.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:29 (2809 days ago) @ dogcow

This is also my feeling. It's not spoiler like LUKE I'M YOUR FATHER at all, it's like they said "and then Vader tells Luke something shocking!"

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 17:03 (2809 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is also my feeling. It's not spoiler like LUKE I'M YOUR FATHER at all, it's like they said "and then Vader tells Luke something shocking!"

But that's like telling someone the movie has a twist without saying what it is. Then you watch it expecting a twist. Just saying that is spoiler enough.

Or maybe the twist is that there is no twist and it was the most likely suspect all along…

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 17:18 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But that's like telling someone the movie has a twist without saying what it is. Then you watch it expecting a twist. Just saying that is spoiler enough.

Or maybe the twist is that there is no twist and it was the most likely suspect all along…

Or maybe you should just watch the damn movie.

(I'm not really getting involved in the "OMG Bungie spoiled the raid" argument - I'm just reacting to your absurd final line here. :) )

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 17:38 (2809 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This would be a great modern Seinfeld episode.

"Expectations Jerry!"

Ssshhhhhhh!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 17:38 (2809 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Don't let Cody know this entire thread is an elaborate plot to get him paranoid as hell all the way to Raid-day

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 19:05 (2809 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Or maybe you should just watch the damn movie.

(I'm not really getting involved in the "OMG Bungie spoiled the raid" argument - I'm just reacting to your absurd final line here. :) )

When m night shyamalan's "the village" came out in 2004 I immediately told my friends "i bet it's present day." A group of us went to see it together, and when my prediction came true, i have friends that were pisssed that i ruined the movie for them :/

After watching "the 6th sense," "unbreakable" and "signs" you had to go in expecting the most opposite kind of twist to, that was his signature.

I kinda have the same opinion now with the raids

VOG: a big drop, run from gorgons, jumping puzzles
Crota: a big drop, run from thrall, no jumping puzzle
Oryx: big drop absent, but lots of jumping puzzles (instead of dropping you actually climb up twice, once via man cannon, and the other jumping up before sisters. so you kinda do the reverse here)
Prison of Elders: big drop at end to get to loot chest
New Raid: run from zaboni, big drop?

Anyways, taking a leap of faith and/or having a jumping puzzle is not really a spoiler in my opinion, it's now a tried and true mechanic in the Destiny universe.

I would consider oracles or gorgons a spoiler 2 years ago, or totems pre-dark below, or clockwise pillar activation in Oryx, but i don't think what was in the vid reached that level.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:41 (2809 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm sure if I read your complete post, I might agree with you, but I'm skeered. :)

I'm not spoilerphobic and realize the journey is often the thing. (Sixth Sense is kinda boring if you know the secret, though.)

I do truly enjoy being surprised. It's why I announced weeks ago I don't need or want to know anything else about this expansion, and it's why as soon as I know enough to know I'm interested in some movie, book, game, or TV show, I try to go dark until I get to it. It was a lot easier before the internet.

You could all watch it so you'll at least be even.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:02 (2809 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 01:36 (2810 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

custom games motherfucker

This just went from "I'll buy it eventually" to a priority purchase.

That was better than every stream so far.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 05:00 (2810 days ago) @ CyberKN

Great video, actually made me want to preorder Rise of Iron.

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 03:37 (2809 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'll be buying this thing. All this spoiler talk is hilarious to me because it's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Btw, Snape still kills Dumbledore.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the new Raid. I also really can't wait for Destiny to be over with. I want Destiny 2. I'm really hoping that Destiny 2 will finally give us some real story progress, especially when it comes to the Traveler, the Speaker, the Exo who doesn't have time to tell me why she doesn't have time to tell me things, and hopefully letting me experience the story progress by visiting all sorts of new places (Chicago swamps?). But until then, whatever, I'll Raid away with all the buddies ever because it's awesome and fun and I love it even though I don't care about the gear at all (because I love my Trials gear too much to care about swapping it out for this other stuff outside of the Raid where the perks may matter).

Also, Bruce Willis was totally dead at the end of Sixth Sense.

Why the spoilers?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 04:23 (2809 days ago) @ Avateur

It's not good enough to discuss Destiny? You just had to continue this thing where people try and piss other people off for no reason, huh?

It's not like we don't have spoiler tags. It's not like we haven't gone round and round about spoilers recently. Doesn't even matter if everyone knows about Harry Potter and The Sixth Sense, you didn't have to do that... but being a jerk was apparently more important to you than respecting others' opinions.

Why the spoilers?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 09:34 (2808 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Dude, you sound more upset than Luke Skywalker when he found out that Vader is his father.

No. That's impossible.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:13 (2808 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:34

- No text -

Hah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:51 (2808 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Why the spoilers?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 14:04 (2808 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's not like we don't have spoiler tags. It's not like we haven't gone round and round about spoilers recently.

Earlier in this very thread, even!

Yawn

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 23:48 (2808 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's not good enough to discuss Destiny? You just had to continue this thing where people try and piss other people off for no reason, huh?

It's not like we don't have spoiler tags. It's not like we haven't gone round and round about spoilers recently. Doesn't even matter if everyone knows about Harry Potter and The Sixth Sense, you didn't have to do that... but being a jerk was apparently more important to you than respecting others' opinions.

I used my post to be somewhat dismissive of the eruption that occurred at Bungie daring to show their own game in their own ViDoc and, for all we know, not spoiling shit about the Raid or how it's going to play or what else we're missing from what was shown. I also showed respect by not commenting further on what exactly was shown or describing it in any way. So I used two of the most well known and made fun of and obvious spoilers in my post as a tool.

Save your false and disingenuous outrage, or find something real to get upset about. Your reaction to bluerunner's post says everything about your little show of a reply to me. Much like with a Cody or a petetheduck, you gotta feign that outrage or come at someone you don't particularly like. You're boring. Your false rage, informed by that reply to bluerunner, only leaves this yawn and your favorite thing ever of all time:

[image]

Yawn

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 19, 2016, 03:34 (2808 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, August 19, 2016, 03:42

I used my post to be somewhat dismissive of the eruption that occurred at Bungie daring to show their own game in their own ViDoc and, for all we know, not spoiling shit about the Raid or how it's going to play or what else we're missing from what was shown. I also showed respect by not commenting further on what exactly was shown or describing it in any way. So I used two of the most well known and made fun of and obvious spoilers in my post as a tool.

So you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time? You didn't mean to be associated with the larger debate about trying to piss people off by randomly posting spoilers? Fair enough.

Save your false and disingenuous outrage, or find something real to get upset about. Your reaction to bluerunner's post says everything about your little show of a reply to me. Much like with a Cody or a petetheduck, you gotta feign that outrage or come at someone you don't particularly like. You're boring. Your false rage, informed by that reply to bluerunner, only leaves this yawn and your favorite thing ever of all time:

If you hadn't noticed, Funkmon decided to meltdown today and he really made multiple people angry. Is it any surprises that you picked up some flack when you, intentionally or not, did much the same thing with spoilers as he was doing? And in the very same thread? Consider that rather than demonstrating false and disingenuous outrage about the same topic that got someone else banned, I just happen to be the first person to address you with a point of view that I and others had already shared with (at least) two others in the last couple of days.

I'm gonna take you at your word that you were reacting to the posts about Bungie spoiling things and not to the wider debate about spoilers. So take me at mine: I don't feign things. Aside from the occasional step too far, I mean and believe in what I say. That I end up criticizing the same people more often than others has much more to do with them espousing the same ideas that I strongly disagree with over long periods of time and far less to do with any personal dislike.

As for the reply to bluerunner... I was far more unhappy with his post than yours and I really let him have it. But then I edited it (both title and content) to what you see now about twenty minutes later. Check the time stamps. It's hardly representative of false outrage. More like restraint after the fact... That and I got Luke's quote wrong. :(

Yawn

by Avateur @, Friday, August 19, 2016, 04:01 (2808 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So basically we both suck. Or something. Haha, well, I'll take you at your word also. I never saw or realized there was a different/original reply to bluerunner, so when I saw that on top of your reply to me, I was pretty baffled at what game I thought you were playing.

So hey, sorry dude. I've said in the past in previous spoiler threads that I do feel like there's a genuine statute of limitations on spoilers, and I definitely don't think I agree with just spoiler tagging any and all things no matter how far we are from them, but I basically never go out of my way to spoil things (aside from Sixth Sense and Harry Potter). My go-to is and always has been Snape or Bruce Willis. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I have a few "Snape killed Arbiter" posts at HBO. Fun times?

Yawn

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, August 19, 2016, 21:26 (2807 days ago) @ Avateur

<snip>

[image]

Well how about me then? I can't muster up rage at your little antics nor do I want to, but you are really annoying. You know that, and you know how to avoid it, but not only do you refuse, you sometimes double down on it. You're also disappointing, because you engage in this despite seeming like a pretty good person (unlike some other people I could name that do or did hang around this site that will intentionally piss people off).

Yawn

by Avateur @, Friday, August 19, 2016, 23:50 (2807 days ago) @ General Vagueness

[image]

No context, so thus no spoilers! See? I'm totally respectful.

Yawn

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, August 20, 2016, 00:17 (2807 days ago) @ Avateur

Heh. Now, as far as I'm aware, that's the one and only time Snape uses a green spell so maybe it might maybe maybe be a spoiler to a diehard Harry Potter fan? :p

Yawn

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, August 20, 2016, 21:13 (2806 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by General Vagueness, Saturday, August 20, 2016, 21:19

[image]

No context, so thus no spoilers! See? I'm totally respectful.

No, you think you're a lovable and clever little imp (or something similar) that delivers to people funny chaos and says what everyone is thinking, when you're actually being a glib dick and pleasing no one but yourself (and maybe one or two people that just don't like other people as a rule). There are other people around here that take on one or several of those traits more strongly or more often than you, but you take on all of it, and you've been on this kick for the last several years.

Yawn

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 00:04 (2806 days ago) @ General Vagueness

lol

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 12:38 (2808 days ago) @ Avateur

It's a shame I can't read your post because it contains unhidden spoilers.

I truly don't get why people do this. It's mean-spirited and disrespectful.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:04 (2808 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:14

It's a reaction to feeling as if we're being silenced whenever we want to discuss anything with a story. I hadn't had a water cooler chat about Black Sails or any of those high drama shows airing recently because someone says "SPOILERS" in the physics room, for ages. This year I got tired of it and I just do it anyway, plus usually throw in the ole Kylo Ren kills Han. I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

Yeah, saying things like "the missing kid was to lure someone to the island for a sacrifice," is disrespectful and mean-spirited, but that's why people do this. The catharsis is great, even though I know it angers people I like, and also Kermit.

EDIT: The resentment comes about because society has determined that the people who made the effort and watched a show when it aired have the burden of not talking about it until everyone else has seen it. Yeah, maybe you're out of town and can't get HBO. Tough shit, IMO. Avoid it if you can, but don't be surprised nor angry if you come across references to the story elsewhere. I applaud everyone who doesn't watch these informational videos, really, and also those who don't go on Twitter until they can get home and watch the show on their VCR. That's great. I just don't understand why they get mad as US for discussing something that's already happened just because they haven't found the time in their life to watch it.

Avateur was doing some proper trolling here, but I think anyone will notice that I didn't spoil anything in this thread (outside of this post, which consists entirely of ancient films and one I know we've all already seen) because it's a future thing. Though I don't like that some people are upset at Bingle for talking about their bloody game, the spoilers are real and legitimate here. That's something that definitely none of us could have experienced. But next time someone says spoilers about a video game that's 2 weeks old and I lash out with the fact that the woman in Chinatown had an incestuous paternal relationship, you'll know why.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:17 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

I've stayed out of this discussion, for the most part, but this floored me.

I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

This makes you either a first-class dick or the laziest person I've ever met. Really.

Adding spoiler tags is literally a 2-second operation: select your text, hit the 'spoiler' button. You deeply resent this?

Dude, I deeply resent being forced to vote for HIllary Clinton in order to do my part to keep Trump out of the White House. Pressing a button on a gaming forum isn't even in the same universe of annoyance.

Talk all you want. You don't even have to spend time figuring out what part of your post might be considered spoilers, if you don't want to - just select the whole damn thing. How fucking hard is that? (I think that would be stupid, personally, but I'm looking for ways to help you stomach the serious effort of hitting that button without causing unnecessary strife for others.)

Really - your post actually made me angry. That's the first time in a really long time, reading this forum. Maybe I'm having a bad day.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 18:14 (2808 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've stayed out of this discussion, for the most part, but this floored me.

I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

This makes you either a first-class dick or the laziest person I've ever met. Really.

Adding spoiler tags is literally a 2-second operation: select your text, hit the 'spoiler' button. You deeply resent this?

Dude, I deeply resent being forced to vote for HIllary Clinton in order to do my part to keep Trump out of the White House. Pressing a button on a gaming forum isn't even in the same universe of annoyance.

Talk all you want. You don't even have to spend time figuring out what part of your post might be considered spoilers, if you don't want to - just select the whole damn thing. How fucking hard is that? (I think that would be stupid, personally, but I'm looking for ways to help you stomach the serious effort of hitting that button without causing unnecessary strife for others.)

Really - your post actually made me angry. That's the first time in a really long time, reading this forum. Maybe I'm having a bad day.

It's not about the effort, it's about the principles (the refrain of every asshole everywhere). I admit posting spoilers for the fun of it is a dick move, immature, and malicious, no argument there, but not tiptoeing around spoilers to me is not a dick thing to do.

To me, voting for someone of whom you do not approve is on the same level as this. When I vote against someone, because I'm voting anyway, I just fill in the other box. That's no effort, but it fills you with resentment. Why? Because it's about the principles. You're betraying your principles at the expense of something else. Are those principles on the same level as mine about shutting up about spoilers? Maybe. They are to me because I'm ideologically a lunatic.

You may know that I'm an Ayn Rand style nutjob. I see virtue in selfishness and individualism. Now, she mostly related it to a grand ethical egoism, but my opinion here is consistent with that. Now, here's where I appear to be insane. I consider my public silencing of my discussions about what and with whom I desire to be a fundamental betrayal of my ethics. I am obviously very happy and willing to abide by rules (or even heavily implied guidelines) of organizations of which I am a part, and DBO is one of the important ones to me.

Now that this discussion has taken place, I can see that I was in the wrong to do what I have been doing at DBO. Knee jerk responses calling me an asshole or a douche do not indicate to me that I'm doing something that harms the community, but that I'm pissing off individual people, but who do not explain why nor do anything but call me a dick or dismiss me as a troll. I'm trolling with the spoilers for movies from the 1960s, but a lot of the time I'm actually relating my preposterous (but deeply held) opinions, which I apparently actually share at some level with a number of other people here because it's not just me, though I admit I started it on DBO.

Again, I now understand, with Kermit's post, and your post, that DBO does have heavily implied spoiler guidelines, and I understand I'm doing something bad for DBO, an organization about which I care greatly. Before, I just knew I was pissing off certain people in particular, which to me is different, but I'm dense as a brick. Remember, I don't have to be an asshole or lazy, I can be bug nutty, and an asshole and lazy. I won't be doing it anymore.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:06 (2808 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Someone ban this dude. No politics on the forums. Levi? Ban hammer? :-p

Eeyore has the perfect plan.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:45 (2808 days ago) @ Claude Errera

*stares at avatar*

courtesy

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:55 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

EDIT: The resentment comes about because society has determined that the people who made the effort and watched a show when it aired have the burden of not talking about it until everyone else has seen it. Yeah, maybe you're out of town and can't get HBO. Tough shit, IMO. Avoid it if you can, but don't be surprised nor angry if you come across references to the story elsewhere. I applaud everyone who doesn't watch these informational videos, really, and also those who don't go on Twitter until they can get home and watch the show on their VCR. That's great. I just don't understand why they get mad as US for discussing something that's already happened just because they haven't found the time in their life to watch it.

noun
the showing of politeness in one's attitude and behavior toward others.

It's not that people get mad that you're discussing it, go ahead & discuss it, just show a little courtesy. If anything they're mad that your being, according to what society has deemed, discourteous. Really, it's easy, don't blab about it in their face, talk about it somewhere else, or give them a chance to leave, or lower your voice, put *SP* in the subject line, or use the "spoiler" button. Seriously, it's not difficult, you're not being silenced, just being asked to be courteous.

Yes, it's that way here.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 18:26 (2808 days ago) @ dogcow

I don't post Destiny spoilers here without a warning in the subject. Otherwise Kermit would never read my posts.

But in real life, it feels much more oppressive.

If someone said "Whoa! Hold on, let me leave for a minute!" I'm fine with it. It happens frequently. But not most of the time. Most of the time it's shut up or go somewhere else, and it's getting tiring. That's the problem. The problem is "I went to bungie.net to watch an informational video about the raid and they spoiled it for me! Come on Bungie, I thought you knew better!" It's not "I've made a huge mistake and shouldn't have watched that video." We have both of that type here and I see it on the subreddit as well.

Know what I'm saying?

Yes, it's that way here.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 18, 2016, 18:57 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

If someone said "Whoa! Hold on, let me leave for a minute!" I'm fine with it. It happens frequently. But not most of the time. Most of the time it's shut up or go somewhere else, and it's getting tiring.

If the person(s) not wanting to be spoiled are in the minority, or it's been ages and they're apparently never going to enjoy the content, then perhaps THEY should be courteous and remove themselves from the situation. =)

Spolier tags give the chance, to remove one's self from situ

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:26 (2808 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:40

If someone said "Whoa! Hold on, let me leave for a minute!" I'm fine with it. It happens frequently. But not most of the time. Most of the time it's shut up or go somewhere else, and it's getting tiring.

If the person(s) not wanting to be spoiled are in the minority, or it's been ages and they're apparently never going to enjoy the content, then perhaps THEY should be courteous and remove themselves from the situation. =)

In a forum, I am not allowed to walk away or remove myself from the situation when it is buried in the middle of normal text.

This is where spoiler tags come into play. But they have to be utilized. I then have the ability to click or not. Read or not read.

My wife and I have not seen the newest Star Wars movie. We might try for a double feature with the next movie.
It has not been ages. All prior conversation about it here on DBO had been properly *warned* or tagged and avoided. And I've removed myself from a number of real life conversations. I'm downright disappointed. But the guy that makes 5 year olds cry and laughs about it later DOES NOT CARE and tries to justify it with some BS personal philosophy and an insanity plea.

*SP for Episode VII for no reason*

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:50 (2808 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Ah. Yeah, Kylo Ren kills Han and they're related. It's out on DVD now. Sucks that you haven't seen it. Oh well.

It's also strange you can't tell satire from reality. That whole post in response to Cody was entirely making fun of him, and the post about my BS philosophy is 100% truthful. No bull.

Added spoiler tags and changed post title because, wow, that's just incredibly rude.
-Xenos

Just... wow. *SP* above for SW VII.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 18, 2016, 20:02 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

One day ban for being an ass

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 20:07 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

Seriously, Funk, we've been over this. Being rude with intent is different than being rude on accident, and you know it.

He was repeating the spoiler Pyro linked to.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 20:26 (2808 days ago) @ Beorn

Should probably give him an extra day or two, tbh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 19:16 (2808 days ago) @ Funkmon

So, you're taking out your work frustrations on us? That's not cool. The thing is, there's probably people here who would be happy to talk with you about any subject. Just make a topic and have at it. All we're asking is you (and others) stop trying to intentionally anger people. I don't actually care about spoilers. If I like a book or tv show or movie I'm going to watch it once unspoiled and dozens of times knowing what happens. Being up tight just doesn't make numerical sense to me.

But acting out against everyone here when it's easier not to and when you have the tools to say exactly what you want at any time without ticking off someone else? Come on, man. Just... come on... :(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 16:25 (2805 days ago) @ Funkmon

It's a reaction to feeling as if we're being silenced whenever we want to discuss anything with a story. I hadn't had a water cooler chat about Black Sails or any of those high drama shows airing recently because someone says "SPOILERS" in the physics room, for ages. This year I got tired of it and I just do it anyway, plus usually throw in the ole Kylo Ren kills Han. I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

It's s pain and sometimes seems silly but talking to hundreds of people at once is a power not that many people had 25 years ago, and with power comes responsibility.

About spoilers, I get that it’s not a big deal. I get that studies show that people actually enjoy stories more when they know what’s going to happen. (It’s probably one reason why I enjoyed Stranger Things so much—I felt like I knew what was going to happen in the next minute throughout that show.) All that said, staying unspoiled about stories in popular culture is harder than it’s ever been. And even though the delight that comes from surprise is one of the lesser pleasures of good storytelling, that experience DOES have value, and I think it’s rarer than ever to get that experience if, say, you’re active on the internet. And that’s too bad. In fact, to me, being genuinely delighted by a surprise in a story is so rare I value it more than ever. I used to argue with one of my roommates who avoided trailers or really knowing anything about a movie before he saw it. “It’s not where you go but how you get there,” I’d say. i get that argument. Now I lean in his direction. I want the surprise the first time, and then if the story's decent, I’ll get the nuances that knowledge brings the second and third time. With raids, I like going into an experience that feels epic because I don’t know what sights I might see, and I like not knowing what I’m seeing at first, and having to figure out what I’m seeing. I like having my brain engaged that way, and I like being with others who are engaged in the same way and the collective reasoning that happens because no one knows anything going in.

Yeah, saying things like "the missing kid was to lure someone to the island for a sacrifice," is disrespectful and mean-spirited, but that's why people do this. The catharsis is great, even though I know it angers people I like, and also Kermit.

Heh. What a jerk. We'll always have fountain pens.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:43 (2805 days ago) @ Kermit

About spoilers, I get that it’s not a big deal. I get that studies show that people actually enjoy stories more when they know what’s going to happen. (It’s probably one reason why I enjoyed Stranger Things so much—I felt like I knew what was going to happen in the next minute throughout that show.)

But the opposite is true of game challenges. It immediately eliminates the pleasure / thrill of discovery when you know the solutions and strategies ahead of time. Film doesn't work that way because you are not overcoming the challenge yourself, but watching someone else. The "how you get there" is precisely what is ruined when you tell someone how a boss mechanic works.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 19:45 (2805 days ago) @ Cody Miller

About spoilers, I get that it’s not a big deal. I get that studies show that people actually enjoy stories more when they know what’s going to happen. (It’s probably one reason why I enjoyed Stranger Things so much—I felt like I knew what was going to happen in the next minute throughout that show.)

But the opposite is true of game challenges. It immediately eliminates the pleasure / thrill of discovery when you know the solutions and strategies ahead of time. Film doesn't work that way because you are not overcoming the challenge yourself, but watching someone else. The "how you get there" is precisely what is ruined when you tell someone how a boss mechanic works.

Did you get to the part that began "with raids" or did you just stop reading and start typing? :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 19:52 (2805 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you get to the part that began "with raids" or did you just stop reading and start typing? :)

It's not just applicable to raids, but every aspect of a video game.

Man, you make it difficult even when I agree with you.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 21, 2016, 19:59 (2805 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

by ProbablyLast, Monday, August 22, 2016, 00:23 (2805 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't explain the level of satisfaction I had when we all realized "Oh, the back of the pillars light up" after spending an unnacceptable amount of time guessing the order on Warpriest. I mean, it's those moments of sheer accidental discovery of a hilariously simple mechanic that make Destiny great.

Not the phenomal FPS mechanics. Nah, those don't matter.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 22, 2016, 00:41 (2805 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Not the phenomal FPS mechanics. Nah, those don't matter.

And you don't think those are discoverable? What guns and perks to use? What skills to use where? And in what combinations?

by ProbablyLast, Monday, August 22, 2016, 01:16 (2805 days ago) @ Cody Miller

At no point did I say, or even remotely imply any of that.

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 23:52 (2808 days ago) @ Kermit

It's a shame I can't read your post because it contains unhidden spoilers.

I was using some mean satire to lambast the reaction to what Bungie showed. I'm sorry if that upset you. I still feel my post served a purpose. Priorities. For the record, I don't agree with Funkmon's stuff below. So, without the Harry Potter obviousness and Sixth Sense obviousness, here's what I said (assuming you care to read it):

I'll be buying this thing. All this spoiler talk is hilarious to me because it's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. [Clarification: The Bungie spoiler talk. That's not particularly made clear in my original post, especially considering all the talk of movie spoilers and things. So, I apologize for the lack of clarity, too, while still contending that the Bungie outrage is/was ridiculous.]

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the new Raid. I also really can't wait for Destiny to be over with. I want Destiny 2. I'm really hoping that Destiny 2 will finally give us some real story progress, especially when it comes to the Traveler, the Speaker, the Exo who doesn't have time to tell me why she doesn't have time to tell me things, and hopefully letting me experience the story progress by visiting all sorts of new places (Chicago swamps?). But until then, whatever, I'll Raid away with all the buddies ever because it's awesome and fun and I love it even though I don't care about the gear at all (because I love my Trials gear too much to care about swapping it out for this other stuff outside of the Raid where the perks may matter).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread