Rise of Iron - Forged in Fire ViDoc (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:04 (2801 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:14

I truly don't get why people do this. It's mean-spirited and disrespectful.

It's a reaction to feeling as if we're being silenced whenever we want to discuss anything with a story. I hadn't had a water cooler chat about Black Sails or any of those high drama shows airing recently because someone says "SPOILERS" in the physics room, for ages. This year I got tired of it and I just do it anyway, plus usually throw in the ole Kylo Ren kills Han. I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

Yeah, saying things like "the missing kid was to lure someone to the island for a sacrifice," is disrespectful and mean-spirited, but that's why people do this. The catharsis is great, even though I know it angers people I like, and also Kermit.

EDIT: The resentment comes about because society has determined that the people who made the effort and watched a show when it aired have the burden of not talking about it until everyone else has seen it. Yeah, maybe you're out of town and can't get HBO. Tough shit, IMO. Avoid it if you can, but don't be surprised nor angry if you come across references to the story elsewhere. I applaud everyone who doesn't watch these informational videos, really, and also those who don't go on Twitter until they can get home and watch the show on their VCR. That's great. I just don't understand why they get mad as US for discussing something that's already happened just because they haven't found the time in their life to watch it.

Avateur was doing some proper trolling here, but I think anyone will notice that I didn't spoil anything in this thread (outside of this post, which consists entirely of ancient films and one I know we've all already seen) because it's a future thing. Though I don't like that some people are upset at Bingle for talking about their bloody game, the spoilers are real and legitimate here. That's something that definitely none of us could have experienced. But next time someone says spoilers about a video game that's 2 weeks old and I lash out with the fact that the woman in Chinatown had an incestuous paternal relationship, you'll know why.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread