Not @ PAX? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 30, 2014, 20:06 (3537 days ago)

WELL IT SUCKS TO BE YOU BUDDY! HA!

Worse still, now you can watch the Bungie panel at PAX, which is called So our game is called Destiny. Now what? in the comfort of your own computer based living quarters. Your feet won't hurt because of walking endless miles, and you nose won't be offended from that lingering "gamer" smell.

The best part of it is - you can do this tomorrow, Sunday August 31st @ 12:00 PM PDT/3:00 PM EST/8:00 PM BST (London)

You will be able to see it here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax2

That's what I'll be doing - since, ya know, I'm not at PAX.

(Cred where Cred is due... Done.)

Not @ PAX?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, August 30, 2014, 20:20 (3537 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

PAX? Hah, one day... maybe...

I'll be watching this for sure, it's at a very reasonable time too. Cheers!

Not @ PAX?

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 01:57 (3537 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thanks for putting UK time in there! Trying to covert times makes me go all cross-eyed and drooly. x

Not @ PAX?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:08 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Nice one. That's my Sunday evening viewing sorted.

Not @ PAX?

by Velociraptor112, Places., Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:49 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm hoping I'll be able to go next year. Until then, yes, it does suck to be me. *le sigh*

So our game is called Destiny. Now what?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:58 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No reason to make a new thread, when we already have a nested place to post. This is now OP2. For those of you who have found the rumored front page, or even the audacity to click the OP "Not @ PAX?", you already know where to go to see the stream of information - Straight from the faces of Bungie (which may or may not contain beards).

I look forward to discussing it with you all shortly - if anything.

by DEEP_NNN, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:19 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

OH MY GOODNESS, the beginning is so dry.

Sorry, I'm impatient and can't wait to hear 'something', I want to hear.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:31 (3536 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I think this is just....how it's going to be.

Camera rage quit

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:32 (3536 days ago) @ rliebherr

- No text -

The feed got cut D:!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:32 (3536 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Power went out

by Zero @, Florida, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:33 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I Blame the Darkness.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:34 (3536 days ago) @ Zero

Also the twilight zone blinking coming from who knows where.

THE DARKNESS!

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:35 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

It's back!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:37 (3536 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Yep!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:37 (3536 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

D:

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:35 (3536 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Yep

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:33 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by DEEP_NNN, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:33 (3536 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Twitch stream broke. Back to the Halo PAX showdown stream which is working perfectly.

I think Luke smith likes to troll me.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:35 (3536 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I've been enjoying it, though I've always been a fan of Luke Timmins' enthusiasm and arm waving, so that helps.

The brief mentions of players breaking into the Vault of Glass was interesting, and being able to watch people do that as you pass them in a bubble, or even follow them in. Cool beans, yo.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:36 (3536 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

The bubble talk was interesting. Too bad the feed cut out right when it was getting good.

by Sven, New York, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:58 (3536 days ago) @ rliebherr

Just as it started to get interesting, it cut out. I'm fascinated by the underlying framework that makes Destiny tick.

Bungie: We're not the best

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:53 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I always enjoy hearing Luke Timmins talk :)

What's the name of the one on the right? Designer, right?

Bungie: We're not the best

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:00 (3536 days ago) @ RC

What's the name of the one on the right?

M.E. Chung

"..one of our #destiny race names was a #kpop boyband"

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:26 (3536 days ago) @ stabbim

What's the name of the one on the right?

M.E. Chung

Thanks. I missed the intro.

How did I not realize one of our #destiny race names was a #kpop boyband? fml

Heheh: EXO...

"..one of our #destiny race names was a #kpop boyband"

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:29 (3536 days ago) @ RC

Thanks. I missed the intro.

How did I not realize one of our #destiny race names was a #kpop boyband? fml

Heheh: EXO...

Thankfully our Exo fangirls aren't crazy fucking bitches like their's are.

Well, at least I hope so...

Bungie is going to CAKE THIS BAKE!

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:55 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:19 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So that was underwhelming.
I get that your game is releasing in ten days so you don't really have anything to announce or show or even say necessarily, but then why have a panel? I honestly don't understand what the point was.
I mean, they said it was to talk about where they'd been, where they were, and where they were going, and that seemed to be pretty much what they did, but they've done that before and done it better, and it seems like great material for a vidoc but lousy material for a panel, especially without any kind of visuals or new information to back it up.
Does anyone remember the ODST panel they had a little while before it came out? That was a lot like this but it was better, largely because they did talk a little about what the game could've been and said a little bit more about what was in the game and had some visuals from the game to illustrate things.
I had background noise in real life for a lot of it, first family and then the Halo panel I had been considering watching because there was so little going on in the Bungie panel. Did I miss anything that made it worth watching (or rather listening to)?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:29 (3536 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I had background noise in real life for a lot of it, first family and then the Halo panel I had been considering watching because there was so little going on in the Bungie panel. Did I miss anything that made it worth watching (or rather listening to)?

Auto Rifles were toned down. Claude is old.

That's about it to be honest.

Also Bubbles.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:32 (3536 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Also Bubbles.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 22:03 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Luke Disses Claude

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:52 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Are you going to stand for that? You're not that Old!

Luke Disses Claude

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:01 (3536 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yea. The NERVE! Claude is still plenty young, you can tell by the diapers. Its sign of abundant youth!

Luke Disses Claude

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:03 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Yea. The NERVE! Claude is still plenty young, you can tell by the diapers. Its sign of abundant youth!

Well, that Depends.

stahp

by Yapok @, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:04 (3536 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Luke Disses Claude

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 15:37 (3536 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We told him later that I was older, and he was like, "you're holding up well!"

PS. Most entertaining panel by far.

Anything worth repeating during the power-outage?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 15:58 (3536 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

"Hey Luke, help me grind help me grind"

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:05 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:25

Ugggggggggggg.

What an apt metaphor with the Disneyland stuff though. People were cutting across the flowers, so Walt put a path instead of a fence.

Investment systems are the fence keeping players from going the path they want to go.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:39 (3536 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, I had no idea of where he was going with that story. Anyone got it?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 01, 2014, 04:25 (3536 days ago) @ ZackDark

It was supposed to illustrate why it's a good thing to be able to change the game post-release, in ways that maybe enable something the community was doing on their own.

Theoretical example based on actual Destiny community thing: putting an ACTUAL duck-duck-goose gametype in.

The moment he said it...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:10 (3536 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ugggggggggggg.

What an apt metaphor with the Disneyland stuff though. People were cutting across the flowers, so Walt put a path instead of a fence.

Investment systems are the fence keeping players from going the path they want to go.

Took you long enough to post. I laughed.

The moment he said it...

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:15 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You were sitting here, grinding through reading threads waiting to obtain the Cody post about the panel. Now that you have your swag, do you feel accomplished? Or was the wait not worth it? :P

The moment he said it...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:17 (3536 days ago) @ Avateur

You were sitting here, grinding through reading threads waiting to obtain the Cody post about the panel. Now that you have your swag, do you feel accomplished? Or was the wait not worth it? :P

Oh no! You've hit a lockout. You'll have to wait 8 days before you can get that Cody post about the full game. Try another activity in the meantime. Perhaps read old threads again, but this time with a different layout?

+1

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, September 01, 2014, 08:50 (3535 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

LOL

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 09:06 (3534 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

The moment he said it...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:29 (3536 days ago) @ Avateur

More like grinding the midnight hour... but I digress.

Oh no! You've hit a lockout. You'll have to wait 8 days before you can get that Cody post about the full game. Try another activity in the meantime. Perhaps read old threads again, but this time with a different layout?

Ok!Epic.Loot.

That was fun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread