I will BE my Guardian -southern accent included.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 11:47 (3974 days ago) @ spooky6

When I was a WoW player I would come across true Role Players. For those that don't know, in WoW people will play their persona and they seemed to be having a blast. That said, would anyone enjoy the guilty pleasure of playing pretend from time to time? Could it be a better way to be immersed in the world or do you think you would be shunned by those who simply did not understand your life choice?

This is how I play practically every game ever - it's just that since it's usually single player, not much of it gets verbally expressed. But I've been informed that I talk to Skyrim NPCs all the time apparently, without me even realizing it.

In Halo campaigns, I was always thinking as Master Chief. When one of my soldiers would die, I'd go over and check them and make sure, look around at my survivors and say "We've got to keep moving." Stuff like that. Multiplayer, except for Fireifight and sometimes Invasion, was just too sport-like to really maintain the role play.

But with Destiny, I can't wait. And I'm totally looking for a wolf pack who's interested in playing the same way. When we get closer to launch, I'll be trying to organize some parties that like to play the same way.

(And who cares if some people judge you wrongly for it - there're probably just too scared to admit that they too wish they could run around pretending to be Batman like they were 8. Hell, we're all sitting in front of a TV playing video games for hours - I wouldn't call role-playing any more childish on top of that.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread