Sleightrocity

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 10:12 (3972 days ago) @ Kermit

Especially as tickets seem rarer. Honestly, Halofest was awesome, but I attended the PAX proper for a few hours, tops.

Last year was a bit different, with special stuff planned by MS, and Halo 4 being in the convention hall.

This year I anticipate being wherever Destiny/Bungie is, mostly.

But really, the coolest part was/is always hanging out with you people face to face.

Kermit

We went to PAX East the first year it was there. It was... underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time. The former because I can't help but feel like I'm being sold to the entire time, and overwhelming at the number of people and the difficulty in interacting with them.

On the bright side, 'Top Ten Video Games Ever' was awesome, and I got to pick some of the panelists' brains re: Mass Effect 2. My spouse also literally ran into Wil Wheaton without realizing who he was. That was also an important weekend for us, personally.

Anyway. I digress. Or do I? I seem to be making the point it's those face to face interactions that you remember. I'm not sure you should have to pay hundreds of dollars for the chance (though here we are discussing trips to Seattle).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread