+1 *spoilers* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 02:58 (2999 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What is the meaning of the ending? I was going to add that game to my list, but just left this game off because I couldn't accurately give an opinion on the ending.

which theory do you believe?

For me, the thing about Limbo (and Journey) that I love so much is the feelings they convey. I don't really think much about "what they are about" because those specifics don't effect the emotional reaction I have while playing.

In the case of Limbo, I think any of the interpretations in that article are totally valid. Personally, the way I felt while playing would fit within any of those versions of the story. For me it was all about the slowly-building sense of stress, anxiety, and fear. The feeling of being slowly overwhelmed that all builds to a sort of euphoric release and sense of finality. I love that the game made me feel so strongly without ever needing to tell me what was explicitly happening. It somehow didn't matter. The moment I saw that little girl near the half-way mark, I knew she was what I was looking for. And when I finally found her at the end, I felt at peace.

Excellent way of putting it. I defenitely put how a game makes me feel above what is actually being told. The way Limbo's music, darkness, and machinery gave way to the silent crashing and final meeting... That was great. Same as Journey.
And for Gone Home, Sammy and I had a discussion about it for a while, and I explained to her the elements that made it a tragic horror story, because of the lack of closure that you get from the game... Good stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread