Lost Odyssey (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 03:17 (2999 days ago) @ Avateur

Totally agreed. Lost Odyssey left a huge impression on me. Near the end of the game, some of the staple JRPG elements were getting on my nerves (particularly taking a step or two and ending up in yet another battle in certain areas I was trying to power my way through), but the game as a whole was amazing. The story was beyond fantastic, and I loved the visuals. The atmosphere of the world, the characters, their interactions, and the 1,000 years of stories were so well written and touching.

Same. I loved those short stories and Uematsu was stellar. The world was interesting and the art was unique. The gameplay mechanics were just good enough to keep me pulled in for the length of the story, which, I might had, must have one of the saddest death scenes ever in a video game. They put a LOT of effort into trying to make me cry, heh.

The game sort of felt like a followup to FFVI-VIII to me, which were my favorite of the series (X was the last I played - I decided to follow Sakaguchi around instead of the FF name). One of my favorite memories was walking around Numara with the beautiful art and the hum-able music soothing me. It was like I was back in 6th grade playing FFVIII again!

You should check out some videos on YouTube to remember how the game ended. It ended really appropriately, and I feel like it was earned for all characters involved.

Will do! I still listen to the OST on a regular basis.

Have you played The Last Story? While not as spectacular as Lost Odyssey, it's still a really solid game with a really solid story, and it's yet another world that one can just fall in love with.

I have not. I didn't have (or have access to) a Wii until my girlfriend got one three or so years ago. I put Last Story on my wish list for a while, just never got around to it. But I have listened to the soundtrack!

I picked up Blue Dragon when it was cheap and again it had great music for the most part and it was fun to see Akira Toriyama designs after many years away from his work, but it was just... SO basic, so kid-friendly that I couldn't keep at it. I realized I'd enjoy it more if I just watched the cutscenes on Youtube and put the soundtrack on while I draw.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread