I'm excited by it. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, February 12, 2016, 03:59 (3004 days ago) @ cheapLEY

When you get to have another go at something from a fresh start, it gives you a chance to learn from your mistakes and challenges of the past and integrate solutions to them into your creation from the ground up. Each issue of my comic gives me a chance to reevaluate what I'm doing and try new things, whereas if I was still building onto the previous issue, I wouldn't employ some of those solutions/different directions out of style parameters and continuity, etc.

I don't think we know enough to speculate about how they're going to handle the transition from Destiny 1 or if somehow both games will still be viable, etc., so I'm not going to worry too much about that now. Personally, I'd rather sacrifice Destiny 1 to the dust if it means a better game in every aspect. If they've managed to overcome the challenges of their building tools, if they've now mastered them, it could mean we get a Destiny that is more modifiable and is easier to build on to. We could get the game Bungie really wants to make, which is always the game I want to play. Halo 2 had a lot of issues in my eyes, despite my love for it, and all those issues were fixed for Halo 3 IMO.

...Except Warthog AI. That was like the one thing they never figured out in 5 games, hah! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread