Get a 2TB... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 12, 2016, 04:12 (3004 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seems like we're getting a full blown Destiny 2. How's everyone feel about that?

I don't much care either way (I am looking forward to hopefully being able to redesign my Guardians). I think it potentially allows them to move forward in a way they might not have been able to otherwise by being constrained to the framework of the original game, but I also liked the thought that we'd have one huge game by the end of it and that eight years from now we could go run VoG again without swapping games. Granted, that would be a lot of harddrive space by the end if it was all built on Destiny, but if we get a true sequel, there's no way that Destiny 1 stays on my hard drive for long, so all the Destiny 1 content will essentially be out of play.

That's actually a concern… I recently ran out of space on my PS4. Destiny takes up about 42GB right now, so eventually it's going to eat up your hard disk before the ten years is out.

Hard drives get cheaper by the month. My 500 gig one still has space, but that's because I'm constantly going through all of my saved clips and purging what I don't need, and I delete games that I'll finish later (Shadows of Mordor, Game of Thrones).

We got Sammy a 2TB a while back, and have downloaded almost every game that we have/have had onto it, and it's still nowhere near full. At the rate that we buy games (not too often), it should last us another two years before filling up. By then, 4TB drives should be much more affordable.

I think the 500GB drive on my PS4 can store about 390GB of stuff. Wtf the other 100 gigs is doing I don't know.

That's actually a super-common misunderstanding of hard drive space. There aren't 1000 megabytes in a Gig. It's 1,024. So if your hard drive is 500gigs, then you have 500,000 megabytes of space, but it will show up as 464 gigs or so (I'm terrible at maths, so my numbers are probably way off) because of the conversion. On top of that, you have the firmware/OS that's installed, along with its own reserved space. That totals to about 410 gigs of space or so left over for your apps, save files, and profiles before you get to the games, so that's why you're left with 390Gigs.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread