Controversial Alternative (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 15:48 (2921 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm going to suggest a controversial alternative to all the ones you suggested, though it combines parts of what you said.

I think a potentially fair, yet game changing load out is this:

Primary weapons stay exactly the same.

No Secondary slot, everyone has a sidearm equipped, acts as sidearms do now (including spawn with ammo).

Special and Heavy Weapons are combined. If a traditionally heavy weapon is equipped, ammo should drop as max 2 rockets, and one clip of an HMG. If a special weapon is equipped, 1.5x the normal ammo is dropped (Should be between 6-10 rounds ideally, perhaps 8-12 would be better). Heavy weapon ammo disappears on death, special cut in half. (We could certainly tweak this, just an idea).

Several things occur in this scenario:

1) Primary weapon choice is VERY important as this will be your primary engagement weapon. Probably why they named it such.

2) Personally, I love sidearms, I'm a bit biased here (I enjoy running a Scout Rifle, Sidearm loadout from time to time). That being said, sidearms are NOT one hit kills, but are intended for close quarters combat. They still require skill to kill your opponent. It's a pretty fair game when two people are sidearming each other. This gives you a weapon to use in CQB.

3) Heavy and Secondary become more precious (a goal of Bungie) and force the player to make a choice between what kind of weapon they want in this slot.

That's my suggestion. What say ye?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread