19 months in, I'm still skeptical of Destiny's 3-gun system. (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 16:24 (2931 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Part of the problem is that scope flinch is actually fake. You always still aim at the middle of your screen. I think a great change would be to make the shot always go to your reticle.

If changing the shot to go to where your reticle points is too hard to implement, maybe Bungie could add reticle bloom to snipers that expands after a shot/when getting shot? Personally I think snipers should be a lot harder to use when you are getting shot at. Instead shipers should be best used when the enemy doesn't know they are about to die.

Unfortunately I can't think of a good solution for the shotgun. The real problem with shotguns isn't their range, though it certainly feels that way. The real problem is lag. I'm convinced that when I see someone shotgun me from auto-rifle range, they aren't really at that range but simply appear that way due to lag. There isn't really a good way to fix that without completely changing how the networking of Destiny works.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread