Divorce PvP and PvE (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 16:40 (2932 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by unoudid, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 17:33

I think we were at a good point for PvE before the last update. It's still not bad now. But I dislike the fact that we lose capacity for more RNG based ammo drops. What's the point now of having double sniper ammo armor if we only gain a few rounds? For the majority of the PvE side, I think we still need the 3-gun setup.

I think we could go to a primary only style setup for PvP. Just disable secondaries and heavies. Or eliminate ammo drops for them all together (you'd have to disable hot swap and other such perks from secondaries). I'm fine with Beard's idea of going primary + sidearm only setup.

Since there are so many OHK weapon options and the ammo is available nearly all the time (ice breaker & invective are still problems IMHO) I think these will always be the dominate weapons for the majority of players. If they lower the special ammo drop rates even more then Invective will just continue to grow in popularity until they nerf the ammo regen rate on it.

I'm still surprised they haven't made an MLG style playlist. Just give everyone a balanced setup with a base gun to equal out the TTK on various weapons. You'd have your choice of HC, Auto, Scout, Pulse.

In the end I think trying to balance PvE and PvP is a no-win situation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread