A deeply held belief of mine... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 16:26 (2931 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They still need to zoom in farther. I argue that the Custom Optics perk on a sniper should be the lowest zoom available. If you use Patience & Time's Custom Optics, you are still MUCH further zoomed in than Ambush or Shortgaze (there might me others, but these two I know for sure).

I'm perfectly okay with people scoped in sniping down a lane. Hold down a lane of approach is what snipers are meant for. I'm not okay with this. That should never happen with a sniper. I don't care how good a shot you are.

No sniper rifle should have any form of aim-assist on it. 1000 Yard Stare is a borderline-broken weapon because of its ridiculous magnetism and aim assist, and it's on the list of weapons that I don't use out of principle.

Should you be able to snipe somebody a second after seeing them? Sure, if your aim and reflexes are true, and luck is on your side. Should you be able to hit the Aim button and pull the trigger for a nearly-guaranteed headshot just because the enemy is in front of you? Never. You shouldn't be able to just sit and zero in on a spot in front of you for a permanently head-level shot, either. This is why most games have a sway to the sniper scope.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread